Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good Toilet Guide
115 Posts
The good, Cassa seashell, Fishermans cove, mermaid.
Bad Sheldons,
Smelly, Sunset Bistro
good post caron, i can see myself doing a search to find this again before we head back to goa in november.

uuurgh theres nothing worse than a nasty loo for a girl..........i can remember a resteraunt near the beach in kuta bali, where us girls went to the loo & were actually glad the light didnt work........we were wading through 4 inches of????? :shock: hopefully water... but it didnt smell like it........still makes me feel a bit queasy thinking about it. but when you gotta go what to do????

good loos ( not posh either but clean) in candolim/calangute - kingstork,maggies,bobs inn, beaches, babutes bar, bonnies bar - but depended on how many inebriated guys with c**p aims had been using it, taste of india,seashell.

nasty loo - bar /resteraunt down the candolim beach rd on the left near the sports bar, i cant remember its name but you had to go round the back of a derelict house to find it the light didnt work & it stunk.

i though coyote bar was clean but had to walk in the dark for a fair way to find it & the door wouldnt stay closed :oops: - nice view for the folks living opposite ( not)
Hi Ladies

I have to agree this is a good topic for us females. I must say I have stopped going to some bars purely because the loo's are so dirty, while there in March we never even went to Bharats as the previously years (4) I always found them dirty and yet I think its a good bar to 'watch the world' I think its the same story the world over really, even at home there are pubs/bars that I wont go to the toilet and lets face it we not a 3rd world country.

Good loo's - Seagull Restaurant, Eden, Log cabin, Middas Touch, Boscos - for a beach toilet it is very good. Shooters - although I always seem to get bitten while sat having a drink there.

Im sure there are more but Im just about to have lunch so I wont think too hard and ruin my sandwich ha ha
thats so true goanaddict about loos at home..........just try most pubs around convent garden/leicester square in london on any sunny weekend ........its always a case of byo loopaper! pathetic when you consider what you pay for your beer :(
some of the shacks toilets in goa were rather dodgy esp the ones at coco beach even at our fav shack gravimar, i know theres no proper plumbing but its still yuk yuk to use them. found floyds shack & bobbys excellent although floyds you had to bring your own bit of string to hold the door shut or sit there waving at the shack family :oops: whilst in there. reggies shack was ok although sometimes had to shoo the little piglets away from the door before you went in & they tended to attract lots of flies :yuck
Millym the nasty toilet you descibe in beach road sounds like sheldon's (does pies and mash?) It is the 2nd worse toilet I have seen, the worst one was in calangute, did'nt stay long enough to find out the name of the place. :swear
If you visit Panjim there is a place called the Cafe Coffee Day and their toilets are good. They also do a lovely blue slush to cool you down after a hard days shopping.
Dodgy toilets this year were, Margoa station, the smell was awful, it was dark and you're feet slipped everywhere on the floor because it was so wet :yuck
The toilets in the Departure lounge at the airport terrible. One was broken and water was leaking everywhere, no toilet roll, and hoverers not quite hitting the spot if you know what I mean.
I've got be be really desparate to use any of the toilets at the beach shacks, but Boscos were pretty good compared to some I've seen.
Sorry girls but there are times when a man can't stand by a wall and releve himself, these are the desperate moments when you have to make the all important decision. Can I make it back to the hotel can I use the one where I am or is there somwhere near so I don't have to.
Yes we need the guide too. Caron why don't you make a list of all the good toilets mentioned on this thread just before the begining of the season for us all to print off and take with us. It would be a great releife. :wow
peterj just how big a relief are we talking here :?: If we let all you boys in on our guide, it won't be long before we girls will have to take a pair of wellies as part of our survival kit :rage :yuck :yuck :rage
after eight oooo and the 1 in the apertment :lol:
Ha lin just pretend tour paddling in the sea. :lol:
Hi Peter will make a list of the good toilet guide just before we go but for Billy's eyes only dont want to be following you else I will need to borrow Lins wellies. :lol:
Will do caron as long as there are no water snakes around :!: there is already enough scary things in goa.
theres a problem with the sea toilet ,,if you cant wade deep enough in because youre desperate and you have to sit in shallow water ,,theres the added dilema of sand in youre bikini bottoms ..the tell tale signs are terible if you dont discard it :lol:
This is so funny....I've been thinking and I can't remember a bad loo particularly, I just take them as they come all I can say is the first thing I check when we are deciding on a new restaurant is

1. Check what beer they sell
2. Check whether its cold.
3. Check the menu

For the wife it's

1. Check if the loos clean
2. Check if there's loo paper
3. Check if the door locks

Some people just don't have their priorities right do they. I'd much rather have a cold lager than a clean loo, after all I'm on the lager all night and I'm only on the loo for a few minutes.

My wife has even been known to jump in a taxi back to the hotel room to go before (to the loo, not for lager).
sheldons sounds like the place with the nasty loo linb :yuck & wellies what a great idea!!!!!!!! in fact i think resteraunts/ bars that dont make an effort with their conveniences should provide wellies for us ladies to put on before we go esp when you think most of us are in flipflops/sandals etc.

aaah fritz you'll just never understand what its like to always have to sit on a loo ( or wobble precariously above it!) no matter how horrible it is.your wifes prorities sound spot on to me :D :D
Millym, I just wondering about placing my feet in wellies to go to the loo, not sure I could do it, esp during a power cut :shock: god know what might have crawled into them . A couple of year ago I read that ever beach shack had to have a proper toilet, and yeah ever shack I went to had a porcelain toilet, one really sticks in my mind (cant remember the name of shack) I ask if I needed a key, I owner shuck her head and took me to the 'loo' and sure enough there was a toilet, no plumbing or bucket of water to rinse away but the pot had sunk during the season - this was march - and the toilet rim was 2" above the sand it would have been physically impossible for anyone to sit on it, I had to do the hoovering bit I gazed down the toilet was alive with wild life, couldnt get out quick enough.

Fritz, it dont matter how good the food is, how cold the beer is your wife has got it right if the loo's are dirty then Im afraid we dont stay for more than a beer..............its funny my hubby dont even have to ask now he can tell by my face
At least there are plenty of toilets in the North. When you visit the South you can never find a toilet unless you go back to your hotel. However after visiting some of the toilets in Calangute then I think it would probably be more advisable to go to your hotel.
Hi this is just a tip for the girls ,tap the side of the loo before sitting to see if theres anything lurking under the rim last year i used a loo and when i turned round to flush it a frog flushed round the bowl with the water it must have been sat quite content under the rim while i was using the loo it didn't half make me jump anita :yikes
The marriot hotel was nice but obviously out of the way, but be warned about the one on lighthouse beach<kerala> at the fusion bar/restuarant as its basically just a hole but i hasten to add very nicely tiled and a hose at the side to swill down ok for men but awkard for females. :roll: :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.