Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good Toilet Guide
115 Posts
oh no derek the problem is blokes who DONT put the seat up.are a bit pickled & pee all over it......i dont mind seat left up in bars etc........now at home thats another matter :D
I reckon the loo at Little Italy is one of the best. A fella goes in and cleans after you. This has happened every time I've been over the last three years. Didnt know about the place before then. The other excellent one is at A Reverie even had facial tissues!!!!!
Best toilet beside my hotel..(and Little Italy/ After Eight as others have mentioned)...

Are the toilets in the Peacock Bar in Candolim......They even have a fan over each one for comfort , plus English toilet seats :D.

Other than that one has to "rough it"...but who cares??..This is India!!
:wave
Hi suesteph glad you mentioned A Reverie, I didnt have a clue how to spell it and wanted to give it a mention, the toilets there are really nice and the food is great.
when we went to the Peacock Pub the gents were out of order so we had ro use the ladies, which were very clean before I entered. :oops:
was that after your orange juice peter :yikes :yuck
derek
yes i am back
or i hope you left the seat up :lol: :twisted:
have got to say one thing i am dreading derick loads of curries mixed with loads and loads of beer we all know what that means need for a good toilet :omg
Derek it was a week after the orange juice and I was still suffering. :yuck
Ha Caron you have gone from an old fogie to an angel. You been born again or somthing. You will now need a much better class of toilet. :wow
Hi Peter thought it was time for a change of image getting bored of Grannie Grunt, see youve changed yours you hairy little monster you.
Why dont you lot pop over to the genral chat forum, made lots of new mates haveing lots of fun.
Caronx
Not the most interesting of topics perhaps but one that troubles my family. What are the toilets like in Goa. ie in bars/restaurants, on beach etc. No smutty replies please.
Just avoid the pig toilets :twisted: not too many about now i hope
Bars & Cafes usally ok, Shacks can be an experience you may prefer to miss :yikes

Peter
My wifes first rule of restaurant/ bar selection is.....

check the loo...

If that's ok then we stay, if not then we walk on.

This also works with Beach Shacks although having a good loo on day 1 doesn;t mean it will be good on the next or any other day, you just have to keep re-checking.

Mostly they are ok nowdays though
:D hiya mcb thats the way we decide if we stay at an eating place ""check the loos"" you may want to bring wet ones with you as well we didnt find a lot of loo paper in some of the shacks :D
I think they're mostly OK. To date we haven't had too many bad experiences.We go to Ganesh shack and his toilet is always clean (has loo roll too)
GEC
Hi Pat and Andy here
Last year we were in Rosarios shack at Cavelosim enjoying the Wednesday night b. b .q .when one of our friends fell down the well that is in front of the VERY dodgy lou.luckily he was not hurt but we have never laughed so much.Instead of running into the sea to wash the mess of he went back to the room to have a shower,the room stank for days.It as still one of the best memorys we have.Seriously the toilets are a bit iffy in most places but they are improving.Just dont expect english standards The hotels are usually immaculate,so If you get caught short it is best to head for one of them.
jubileepat :lol:
Mostly the ones in restaurants etc are ok, anyway better than public loos in Britain!
del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.