Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
If they have charged for the seating and then not delivered I would think that it's a breach of contract ie you paid for a service you didn't receive. If I paid just £12.50 for extra legroom seat and then didn't get it I wouldn't be happy.

Maybe have a word with Ros Fernihough who is a travel law lawyer and often assists our members as she'll be able to explain what your rights are. Ros will offer you free advice. Her contact details are at the top of this forum.
I agree with Glynis ring Ros it sounds like breach of contract. Ros is no win no fee I think so there is no harm in calling her office.

Did you get an original invoive itemising what you had paid for, surely this should have been detailed on it ? Most invoices I have received from big Companys like TUI do show such items as flight upgrades, meals etc seperately, this would be good evidence.
That's outrageous, especially if you consider were you to ring up and request a double bed at the resort you would be told that you can make a request but there is no guarantee a request would be granted.

I agree you should ring Ros, this is a matter of principle. As Doe says - something must have been put in writing about this charge for premium seating. Another thing you could do is try and find out whether there is anything written anywhere about extra charges for double beds - with the hotel itself also.
Our problem is that the Thomson detailed cost breakdown only gives the combined cost of hotel & flight and the only extra given was the Flight meals. Consequently, we have no paperwork to confirm our case. Our only evidence is that what we thought we had paid for adds up to what we actually paid. If, as Thomson allege, we had paid £140 for a double bed for a week and not the Premium seats, then in order for it all to add up to what we paid there must have been another £220 that Thomson charged us for something and they will not tell us what that something was.

When we booked the holiday we thought we knew that the £159/person was a compulsory additonal payment and saw no need to query anything.

Thomson must have thought we had ordered Premium seating because why otherwise would they write to us in advance of the holiday and tell us it would not be available on the return flight?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.