Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The Phoenix Park and the Nizmar have big double beds. I don't think I have stayed in a hotel that doesn't have them so sounds like you have been unlucky. I know some do put twin beds together though. The only thing I would complain about is the comfort factor - rock hard :!:
Marinha Dourada has them!
Thanks very much you two :)
Im glad that i don't have to get a 5star hotel just for the double bed, if that was the case then we'd happily manage with twin beds .
:shock: It's the pillows that I hate! Like putting your head on rock! :lol: I love the sound of them hitting the floor when I throw them out of bed!

:wink: We've got some really old pillows, and now squash them in the bottom compartment of our rucksacks - meaning to leave them behind if we need the space for our return, but I think they've managed 5 trips now! :lol:
Molly Malones also has double beds but no pool.
Marinha Dourada, Sun Village and LaGoa Azul all have double beds
I know what you mean Pam7, it's like sleeping on a house brick :shock: I bought a pillow at Mapusa Market one year and just gave it to a friend at the end of the holiday. The hotel where I had the best sleep and softer pillows was the Osborne.
I always make sure that there are two single beds, I have enough of a double bed at home :oops:
The beds are usually SO big that its difficult to locate the OH - trouble is I can't reach him to kick him when he starts snoring :lol:
The double beds are a good size. However, if you get 2 single beds its a long way off to give him a kick if the snoring starts :shock: :lol:
Gemma - are you a long suffering wife of a snorer too? You have my sincerest sympathy - it can be hell :lol:
i noticed sunkissed hotel had double beds, thats the reason we didnt stay there as we wanted a room with 3 single beds lol!! it looked a nice hotel and i would have booked so looks perfect if you want a good priced hotel wiht a double bed!
most i found had double beds - we found it hard to find one that had a triple room but did eventually, good luck :D
Thanks for the replies everyone .
If my son wasnt coming with us then i wouldnt mind two single beds, but hes only young and always likes to sleep in the same bed as me on holiday.

Bunny - where is the sunkissed hotel?

Thanks

Nicola
It's in calungute - just google that and sunkissed and a few links should bring it up :D
Silla Goa - in Calangute also had double beds
Not all rooms at the phoenix park have doubles, some have twins.
the victor exotica has two singles pushed together to make a BIG double.
Once again, Thankyou :)
Bunny - ive googled the Sunkissed, and i can only seem to find it with Thompson holidays. We are getting a flight only so would like to book direct with the hotel, although this year we booked the hotel with lowcostbeds.

Del - Ill have a look, but im sure my other half wants to be based in Calangute/baga... he says there are better restaurants and cheap local places to eat there, but im certain there are a few good ones in Candolim?
Rakkor - where abouts is the Silla Goa? Ive seen it advertised before and it seems pretty nice.
Is it near the Falcon resort? or is it further towards the Nizmar and Osbourne?

Thanks

Nicola
Yummymummy, lots of good restaurants in Candolim, but maybe slightly higher prices than calangute/baga but only slightly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.