Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
1st Timers
22 Posts
All I can say is that to me Benidorm is like a blackpool abroad. There is plenty to do for everyone. Lots of bars to suit all tastes and quiet ones if you want them too. The beach is nice but you will find the resort is very built up with lots of high rise hotels and apartments. Personally I like Benidorm and we are going back there after a few years break for a week in August.

diane.
You'll have a whale of a time, honest. Theres always plenty going on and all of the bars will have the world cup on. This will be our fourth visit. 5 weeks on tuesday :fly :sun :glynis
Have fun.
I have yet to find someone that doesnt have / had a good time, so im quietly optimistic.

Thanks for the replies!
Benidorm is a love it :D or hate it :( kind of place but for the life of me I can't understand the hate it bit. I love the place and would go back every time I travelled but it's nice to try something different sometimes,plus she who must be obeyed decides where we go on the odd occasion.A couple of lads I work with don't like it,they say it's too built up and too noisy.
Things to do? Well there is Terra Mitica a really good theme park that will give you a full day out and the water park which is one of the biggest and best. Night times can be very noisy but you will be able to find somewhere that is right for you pretty quickly.Plenty of caberet "clubs" and quiet bars to choose from if you don't want the disco bars on the square.
You will love the atmosphere when watching the footie and you'll be able to watch every match in a different bar if you like :!: I've been to a few places when a tournament is on and loved it.Hope you enjoy Beni as much as I do every time I go there.Wish I was going in 6 weeks time for the England games. :gluck
Thanks for that latest reply!

With regards to food, my deal inclused half-board but I really cant see myself eating in the hotel, most of the fun of a holiday is eating out!

I dont want to eat English or takeaway food everynight, are there any good quality restuarants a short distance from the centre?

TIA
Which hotel will you be at? That will help us to point you in the right direction.

Also what do you consider to be a short distance? Don't want to be sending you a long way.
I will be staying at the Pariasio 10 appts.

Im happy to travel 20 mins in a cab.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=56851&highlight=favorite+favourite+spanish+meal

Check the above thread for some Restaurant Recommendations

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Some mouth watering descriptions in that thread, thanks for pointing it out to me. :)
Taggy is the expert when it comes to Spanish restaurants.

There should be everything you need there.
Blackpool abroad? Blackpool in the sun? This is Benidorm :lol: Leave your worries and stresses at home - even in Blackpool - and enjoy :) (By the way, I like Blackpool too) :P
Hi Firestars, my favourite restaurant is called Hoff Van Holland, it's in the old town not far from the Bristol Park Hotel. It's in courtyard but I don't know the name of the street. The food is fresh, tasty and reasonably priced, it is also a very friendly place. It would only be a few euro's in a taxi from the Paraiso 10 and in my opinion would be well worth a visit. Some of the dishes are actually cooked at your table. We will be visiting this restaurant during our stay 23rd May-6th June so I will note the name of the street and try to get a copy of the menu.

Sue :) :)
:D :D

sue the street is called the ruzafa
One particular restaurant being discussed in this thread was being both complimented and criticised. However, as some of the comments could be considered potentially libelous, I have now removed all reference to the restaurant concerned.

David
Hi Sue.

Thanks for recommendation. I will google the place and see if I can find anything out.
Try http://www.spanishcosta.com and you will find links to Hof Van Holland and some other good restaurants. They show the menus and other info.
Hi,
For a good night out, (cheap drink, and three good cabaret acts every night), try Tommies Bar, on the next street down from from P.10 . You should be able to see it from your balcony. Have a great time. :D
I was looking for something of a reasonable standard, around the 30-50UKP per person mark (excluding wine)

Is there anything like that around a 20 min cab ride of Benidorm?
The Montesol Restaurant on the top floor of the Madeira Centro Hotel may meet your criteria and it has stunning views of the resort. You would probably have to book for a good table, you can view the menu at reception.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.