General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
That was very interesting Fiona. I certainly hadn't realised the amount of time the Mods have to give to keep our HT going.

Many thanks for all you do to keep HT on the straight and narrow. :)
Hi

I too would like to say thanks to all the mods,I really enjoy visiting this site and find it very informative.Please keep up the good work!!T.
I missed that thread first time round..but what interesting reading. I think all the mods do an excellent job in keeping us all in order and maintaining such an excellent site. Thank you to you all.
An excellent post - and I would agree that every member or potential member should have to read it before joining.

Thank you so much for writing it, and to all Mods and Admin, a sincere and heartfelt thank you. You do a fantastic job and this is a site of 100% quality. THANK YOU.
Fiona HT Mod wrote:
thought this was worth reviving for those who missed it the first time round. I hope you find it interesting :)
(I no longer have 6 forums as the Goa one is far too busy :D and can keep me going full time on its own. I have 3 forums of my own and also help with the unmodded ones and do a bit behind the scenes when I can to help admin)
We sadly lost Allmen(Dave) and it will show the dedication that he had to the forums and the gallery that he carried on here through out his illness and made so little of it that his death came as a huge shock to us all. Several other members of the team have carried on here through very difficult times- no names, but I have nothing but admiration for them.

Hopefully I thanked you all for the great work you do the first time round.

But I know quite a few of you have had a really tough time during the recent months and it is a testament to your dedication to this site that you have managed to keep it all together with probably few members realising what has taken place behind the scenes.

I m sure it must have hit you all very hard when you lost Dave (Allmen) as I know you are a very close community.

I would like to raise a virtual glass to you all and wish you all health and happiness. :glynis
I brought this up again as every so often we get a member who seems to think this is a business and we are employed on HT. However, it is purely voluntary and a lot of us have found that often other things are not done or put on hold indefinitely.
Thank you for all the lovely comments but I have to emphasise I didn't post this looking for praise. It was really just to show what a mod's position entails and that we are ordinary folks, with our own jobs who took on mod or admin positions as we all used and loved the site and wanted to help to keep it running. :)
LOL Well you may not have been looking for praise Fiona but it has come your way anyway.

What I can't understand is why you get members who rather unkindly imply you are all doing this as some kind of business. :( Surely anybody who has an iota of common sense and presumably to be here in the first place would know a bit about free forums wouldn't make such ridiculous assumptions and thoughtless comments. :que

Doe :)
well- if i had £1 for every hour I've modded I would be able to retire now :rofl
well- if i had £1 for every hour I've modded I would be able to retire now

and i would be living in Greece :cry

some of the more regular members may have noticed us ducking and diving around the forums to keep things running smooth as possible hopefully most members haven't, which mean we have succeeded

doe as you and a few others are aware we have suffered quite badly between us this year and we thank you and others for your concern,
now winter is upon us hopefully things will improve and we will all be able to back pedal a bit

Brian
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
doe as you and a few others are aware we have suffered quite badly between us this year and we thank you and others for your concern,
now winter is upon us hopefully things will improve and we will all be able to back pedal a bit

I for one am glad that you all managed to stick with it through what must have been difficult times. :tup
I've only just read this thread, as I rarely come in this forum. However the longest serving mods are David, Nette and myself. Then Luci and Davw came on board to ease our burden. Fiona, Pippy Mark and Brian joined a few years later. A few mods have come and gone due to other commitments (Earl, Mandy etc)

For our sins, some of us have been members since the year Holiday Truths was originally set up, but as we have changed hosts a number of times it is difficult to remember just how long ago that was.
2001 I think

Biff
I think you may be right Biff, if not earlier.

Happy days. :wink
Kath x
Thank you all for your hard work, I love reading these very helpful forums :)
This thread is off topic! Please delete!!! ;)
You'd be surprised at how many clever little upstarts come along and think its easy to run a forum :rofl

If only I'd known then what I know now. :whoops

My hat goes off to all of you, keep up the good work. :kiss
wow... you're a busy lady.... do take a break when you can....
All the mods and admin do a brilliant job. Thanks for making it a fantastic forum :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.