General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
So they are not asking for any money back (I presume it's paid in full) but TC are asking them for money??
I read that as it was over 10 days time they could get 10% back, but when they phoned because they got £100 off as booked online they would have to pay the difference so would have to pay £30
Not sure where they stand with this one. I'd presume they'd be listed as a no show but not sure about having to pay TC :que
My main concern is that I booked the holiday and paid for theres on my card so worried they may take the money from me :(
so they are letting £1300 go down the drain? Or have I got my sums wrong?
Not it was £700 which means they should get 10% back being £70, but because when we booked we got £100 off, they should pay TC £100, minus the £70 making it £30. But yes letting a holiday go down the drain, very annoying.
I once booked a holiday with a friend who broke her ankle 2 weeks before we were meant to go so I went on my own and just told them she wasn't coming when I got to the airport. I booked the holiday and there were no problems.

TC shouldn't be able to ask for a cancellation fee if they just don't go as they aren't actually cancelling, they just aren't going.
sooze79

I would have thought they would just be treated as a no-show, whilst on a previous holiday we met a family who had one member missing as they decided not to go (family issues i think) they had no probs at departure airport or the holiday. I would say the decision not to go comes at a price which is the loss of £700 in your friends case.

Hope you get sorted and manage to enjoy your holiday.

Lily. :sun2
Many thanks. As long as this ash cloud goes I'm sure we'll have a great time!
sooze

we are in the same boat as you-we are sweating on the flipping ash cloud as well :tongue

Happy hols :sun2
Get the holiday listed on ebay- Iv seen a number of package holidays sell on there. Getting summat back is better than getting nothing, and losing out on a £700 holiday!

Belly
Unfortuantely you can't transfer the holiday, you could only transfer one name but that is if the other person is still going.
You can't sell a holiday on eBay unless you are a travel agent.

luci :wave
Lucy- I have seen absolutely loads of holidays selling on ebay- due to illness, redundancy, work commitments etc....my friend even sold her holiday on there, when she split up with her partner- as long as they provide the abta and atol number of the company they booked with- it doesn't get removed.

Having said that- ebay rules could have changed since she sold her holiday.

belly
Any cancelation fees form part of the Terms and Conditions that are in place at the time of booking. As a silly example, if the T&Cs say that you pay £10,000 then that is what you would have to pay. You agreed to it when booking.
You need to read the T&Cs and find out what they say. I would assume that a no show would be viewed as a cancelation from what you say.

fwh
If the holiday has been fully paid up they probably wont give a monkeys if there is a no show .
Technically they would be responsible for that additional £30 but I believe they would need permision to take it from a card if they have retained it on file. Doesnt sound to me like they would impose the charge though , more an excuse by them not to return the 10% and scaring you off with a "well actually we could in theory charge you an additional £30 "type of conversation.
Years ago we had a close family member die and another have a severe stroke three days before we were due to go on holiday, too busy organising a funeral and dashing back and forth to hospital etc to even call them, however about four weeks after we would have been due back, I did ring the travel company to arrange an insurance claim, find out what I had to do with death certificate etc

They just said 'oh yeah we had the four of you down as a no shows' they won't care if it's been paid in full. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.