Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
albena
65 Posts
Albena is 118.397 km from Sunny Beach and yes, it is a much quieter (and, in my opinion, much nicer) resort.

Couple of photos of Albena, taken 10/7/05 here and here
Like you Baldur I find Albena the best. In Sept it will be my 15th visit to there, Just 7 weeks and 2 days. Cheers tonyt
Have to agree. I was a Sunny Beach regular until I tried Albena - much better (for us at least :) )
time wise bus taxi price id love to go
are there many bars and restaurants in albena? would like some sort of nightlife if poss!!
Hi claireg

See HERE for a list of bars & restaurants in Albena.

Baldur
Of course, we have reviews of Albena here -

Albena

Peter

PS Baldur beating me to it again with a most useful site!!
Baldur beating me to it again with a most useful site!!

Please accept my humble apologies, Peter.... :wink:
No problem, thanks for your help.

Peter
Hi, there is a late,late night club disco in the Hotel Drobruja, as mentioned before the Poco Loco is well known for its waiters doing their own floor show. There is also the Cariba Bar which does A Floor show (openair) with pig on spit. There is a BUNNY Club in the Bazaar in Albena. The Fishermans restaurant usually has a gypsy band in attendance. The above is all on the Bottom part of Albena, I know of nothing of what goes on the Higher part of resort. There is also the Tropical Cafe and Bar by Bratislava Hotel, A good Elvis Impresionist 3 nights a week Disco and Karaoke everynight till late. A place great frequented by the Brits. Not bad for a non drinker EH? Tonyt.
Also the RAI and the Slavyanski Hut restaurants both have excellent floorshows. (both to the northern end of the resort, the RAI has an entrance off the beach)
As promised here goes. will down load photos tomorrow.
Bus fare to Varna from Albena still 4 levs each way
Train Fare from Varna to Dobrich 3.5 lev single
Bus fare to Dobrich from Albena 4 lev
Bus fare to Balchik from Albena 2.5 lev
Price comparison.
Albena Varna
Strawberries 5 lev a kilo 2.20 lev a kilo
Cherries 6 lev a kilo 1.60 kilo
Apples 4 lev a kilo 1.80 kilo
Bananas 6 lev a kilo 2.10 kilo
water melon 4 lev a quarter 1.20 a quarter
half a beer 2 lev .90
large beer 3 lev 1.60
coffee (cappa) 2-3 lev 1-2 lev
fanta 3 lev 1 lev
Water 1 lev for 1 1/2 litres .50
ice cream sundae 6 lev 3 lev
ice cream 1 lev .50
pancakes 1 lev .50

Restaurants used by My family and myself we would recommend in Albena
Pete's Steak House.
Poco Loco
Tropical
Caribi (Every football fan must visit this one to see all the shirts and flags on display absolutely fab. Ask for Zack, the owner and barman. He is a football (ENGLAND) crazy try a coronation saled 4.50. just say Tony and Kevin sent you.
Izvora
The the Cafe in the Luna Park by the Dodgems.

My daughter used The Old House but stated the food was very cold
We would not use the Kai because one of the acts use a Large python while you are eating
If you want glasses go to lady under the Drobruhja Hotel Son in Law got new Titanium frames , Varivocals, plus reactolite all for £42 ready in 3 days.
Hotel Play Albena is divided into two namely club S and M
It is a RUI HOTEL
Saw my daughters room, very spacious but no room allowed for cases, large bath and shower, remote controlled air conditioning. hairdryer fixed in bathroom. The Safety Boxes are in reception and you may only open with a member of staff in attendance. The only moans were, the food was the same everyday (They were B/B) People on All-in were of the same opinion of evening meal, it was pizzas all round a lunch time. The bars for both place had about 40 seats so when wet no room. New decking put all round small Swimming Pool but unable to relax because of children racing around on this decking. Thanks everybody, I did have a great time, E-mail 1 hour before leaving from Balkan to say they had arranged to move me. Beware of taking too much duty free into Bulgaria. Friday week a young couple bought 1.000 cigs each in Gatwick then proceeded to buy another 1.000 each on plane. They got stopped and were told to pay all the duty, they refused, they were offered Prison or pay after a lengthy debate took place, they paid but coach to Albena was delayed for 2 Hours.
Not many English Brands in Varna Airport but plenty on Plane if anybody wants the prices I have a Price List.
AS promised will download photos of Menu's and prices tomorrow.
Sorry forgot to add. Average price for Safety Box in Hotel reception areas was 39 levs for two weeks. so £14 and all your cash and paperwork safe. Tonyt
  • Edited by Tonyt 2006-07-06 19:15:42
Great, list Tony, you must have spent the holiday with a notepad in your hand!

Peter
thanks Tony- brilliant info for everyone. I hope you had time to relax as well. I decided you needed your own thread so I split it from the restaurant thread. I did however, copy the relevant parts of your post onto the restaurant and prices stickies so they aren't lost!
Thanks again
fiona :D
Welcome back Tony, thanks for the report looking forward to the photos.
Cheers April.
tony has uploaded some photos which are meantime in the upload album
Thank you Tonyt! Have been waiting for this for months!!! Thanks again! :yipee
Hi Tony - please can you tell me the cost of 200 B&H and 200 Silk Cut (ultra if they have them) on the plane? Cheers
Good morning. Remember I am using Balkan Holiday flight Price List.
Benson and Hedges King Size. £11 or 16.50 Euro per 200
Ordinary Silk Cut the same prices
Rothmans ditto
Marlboro Red also Gold ditto

Tonyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.