General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Shirley,
We've not long booked a holiday to celebrate hubby's 50th next March. Nowhere exotic - Morocco. As we were going that time of year and could only get a week off work we had to find somewhere hot and shorthaul. We'll be 3 couples-Helen T, Eifion and oh's are coming with us. Eifion will also be celebrating his 50th-so a joint celebration!

We did lots of research and think we came up with a bargain AI to Agadir. Apart from Eifion (who went for a few days with work) none of us have been to the country before. We're looking forward to experiencing a piece of North African life :)

Are you playing around with some destination ideas Shirley? Or are you completely stumped?
Not our 50th but for 40th OH took me to Hong Kong for a week, for hers I took her to Toronto
Hi Shirley , Agadir sounds fab , wouldn't rule that one out as just a week to play with. Also considering Barbados or Egypt , just not sure yet, it is early days , the week will be in October or May so I know Egypt and Morocco would be great weatherwise :)

Sunbear I had Hong Kong as my 40th trip too loved it and hubby had New York :D any more ideas folks??
We could only have 4 days off for my 50th, so decided on a city break to Krakow. Loved it and will definitely go back someday. I think it helped that it was in the run up to Xmas, so it was full of Xmas markets & log fires etc.
hubby had las vegas,for his 50th & i loved it there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iv'e got another 7 years to wait,so have plenty of time,to decide.so many places,to choose from!
tracy
Hi all , well Vegas is definitely another viable option , has crossed my mind, not a lover of USA but would like to try Vegas just once, my son loves it there.

I have a few years ( not many) till my 50th , have always longed to visit Nepal , so that is an option for me , although if I am being honest I think we will probably visit before then (at least I hope to) ;)
How could I forget the OH took me to Barcelona for my 50th...now thats some city.
In 2007 for my 50th my wife booked us a week in Toronto. When our kids (17 and 24 at the time) heard about this they tagged along as well. We took in the sights and a couple of Maple Leafs Hockey games.
I am a dedicated Rhodes fan, been more than 70 times :really So, for my 50th. no problem choosing where. 10 friends came too and we had a party for 30 when our Greek friends joined in. For my 60th. it was Rhodes again and 24 friends flew out with me, a total of 36 for the celebration meal.Will be there next week for my 65th.Wonder if I'll make my 70th.!!Have been to Agadir Shirley and enjoyed it. The local sellers of everything from jewellery to blankets are a bit persistent and if we took a photo with any-one in it they immediately wanted money. That apart, it's a very interesting place.Enjoy.
I booked a surprise holiday to Mexico last year for my hubby's 55th. (he thought we were going back to Turkey.) The look on his face when I told him - PRICELESS. It was fantastic! Supposed to be going back 4th Sept this year. Swineflu permitting......

Denny
We went to Dublin for mine, we had a lovely time

we stayed here

http://www.morrisonhotel.ie/
We did a weeks Nile cruise, 3 days in Cairo & 4 in Luxor for my husbands 50th. It was fantastic & very reasonable too. Went in November & the weather was perfect. Booked it through Thomson but arranged the flights & hotel for Cairo ourselves. Had a personal guide & driver (booked via internet) whilst in Cairo which helped to reduce the queing for tickets, hassle etc as well as being more informative than being in a large group.
Judith chalmers , I would love the Nile Cruise but already done it twice, amazing experience ;)
For my 50th we went to the cotswold's it was lovely 4 poster bed,logs fire's it was in january..For my hubby's we went to Prague i love it there also stayed in a 5* hotel...
For my 50th we did a stay and cruise. The stay part was in a very nice hotel in Majorca, followed by a med cruise. I`d always wanted to see Rome and as luck would have it that was the trip on the day of my 50th. I`ll never forget that day , a dream come true.
I should add that we flew to Toronto on my birthday. At the checkin we handed over the passports and the clerk spotted the date and wished me many happy returns. He then disappeared for a bit, when he came back he told us that as a birthday treat he was upgrading all 4 of us to business class! What a way to travel. Mrs Hi De Hi drank champagne all the way over.
hi de Hi - Did she need special assistance to get off the plane? ;) :rofl
It was my other half's 50th this week, so I let him go to Benidorm for a week with his friends. However, whilst he was a way I booked a weeks holiday to spain for us both. I havent reached 50 yet but went to Toronto for my 40th.

Michelle
My daughter and her husband went to Brazil for her 40th a couple of years ago, leaving me to look after their three boys. They went in February and had a fantastic time. The weather was absolutely gorgeous.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.