Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Split.... those are better prices with Qatar but November has had dodgy weather for the last couple of seasons with heavy rain extending well in to the month.
Shirley, Good luck ! Incidentally, Qatar fly to Cochin in Kerala ( and Trivandrum) and it costs much less than flying to Goa ( excluding special offer prices). All down to supply and demand I guess as it's further to Kerala so economically it doesn't make sense from a fuel point of view ! We were considering flying in to Kerala and out of Goa but having read the experience of an HT member about the train in his report, I decided it wasn't for us.
cheers Dave
shirleyV
our flights to Goa from Mumbai this year were with GO AIR we found them reasonable
and very good,with no delays,booked through Yatra hope this helps :)
annx
Thanks for the tip Aarond , the cheapest I have found so far is Indigo
Thompsons have a flight sale on at the moment £499 from gatwick nov/early dec.
Booked a Monarch flight for 3 weeks in Feb £700 each. We flew with Monarch this year and it was absolutely fine, other than not having your own TV in the back of the seat, it was as good a flight as any other we've been on to Goa. The flight times are good too. Its cheaper to book with Jewel in the Crown than direct with Monarch.

Roll on Feb! :hols
Well our friends have decided not to go to Goa again just yet,So i went ahead and booked 3 weeks for us in January....Roll on 2012 :sun2 :cheers Paula
Were going back this year. Fly out on 19th Nov arrive 20th Nov for two weeks. :cheers :sun2
Looks like we are returning too. My OH booked me a 3 wee holiday to Goa as part of my birthday :D
Why don't you try doing them before you go? You will enjoy your holiday more!!!! :rofl Sorry! :cheers Paula
Only a 3 wee holiday,so you probably be away for just 3 days if your lucky Gemma :rofl :rofl
:rofl Are you on the coffee and you have not even went yet .....great news Gems it will give you something to look forward too ..
With all the similar folks returning yet again next year... it's like having a big extended family meeting up again...... :tup

Look forward to seeing everyone in March 2011.
Were going in jan for 3 weeks again

:tup NEIL :sun2
Hi all :wave:
going on 30th September for my birthday....
Then going again on a mini tour feb/march for 3 weeks......Mumbai....Jodpur...Amritsa....Kolkata....Darjeeling then to Goa to chill.
:cheers
Hi Davewales...
we travelled up from Trivandrum to Goa last year by train...fantastic, no problem at all, infact it was quite fun. Dont be put off by ones persons experiance....dont forget what Del Boy says...."Who dares wins Rodney"... :cheers
Hi Davewales...
we travelled up from Trivandrum to Goa last year by train...fantastic, no problem at all, infact it was quite fun. Dont be put off by ones persons experiance....dont forget what Del Boy says...."Who dares wins Rodney"...

I'll bear that in mind, thanks Noggin.
As it happens we have now booked to go to Kenya this winter but we will almost certainly return to India in 2012/13.
I am missing the place already but determined that if we leave it a year we will go back with renewed enthusiasm.
Must admit though, travelling to Kenya with Monarch Holidays they use scheduled airline Kenya Airways and a three week half board holiday works out much cheaper than 3 weeks in Goa on a B&B basis flying with Monarch . It will be interesting to follow price patterns over the next year or two. Goa is getting more and more expensive from a flight point of view and from my perspective I need to go for at least 4 weeks to make it worthwhile.
cheers Dave
just done a quick week in crete with a couple of friends and omg the prices i could not believe spent the whole week whinging and whining so my friends said comparing the prices between crete and goa it will be a long time before i holiday in the eurozone again jan cant come quick enough now :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.