Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We are not going back. Just returned after 3 months. Have been going for 10 years, mainly for 3-4 weeks, but 3 months for last two years. We will miss the Goan people but Candolim, which is our favourite place to stay, is being taken over by Russians in the 18-30 category. They cannot hold their drink and there were numerous incidents this year with fighting and trouble in restuarants as they did not want to pay their bills. We felt uncomfortable sometimes when a large crowd of them came into restaurants we were using. It no longer feels the place we want to be. There was also an increase in the bag snatching and it no longer feels as safe as it once did.

Also the prices are rising, although still cheap to here, but when you are on a pension any rise is noticed.

The dream is over but a new dream awaits - just got to find it and it may not involve long-haul travel.
Candybabe
i,m not saying at this point in time wether we are or not,you,ll have follow my trip report to find out ???? lol
Peoples views are varying on here ????? lots of good points with Goa but there are a few bad points coming to light !!!!!!

Keep them coming it's getting interesting. :tup

Mike
Yep, we are going next year.
Hotel booked and will get flights in a couple of weeks.
Packages are astronomic for next season.
Same holiday as this year with First choice has increased by £600 for the same 4 weeks, same hotel, same upgrades.
But having said that, they have almost no places left for February, so some must be prepared tp pay.
I love Goa and will hopefully be back for my 6th visit this Xmas as long as I can find a decent price for my flight, I am also looking at Thailand and Sri Lanka as I think the other half wants a change and the world is a big big place.
We are going back and have already booked for last 3 weeks in December at more or less the same price as last year. We know so many people out there now, I think we would miss them if we didn't go. As long as we come back home with the feeling we have had a great time we will always be back. There are other places we would like to visit also but they are out of our price range and it would mean missing out on other holidays during the year.
Wake up and smell the coffee and take your rose coloured spectacles off, the dream is over!!!!
that rather depends on what your dream is.
Maybe the place isn't what it used to be, but perhaps the people going now are looking for something different to what the earlier visitors wanted.

As long as we come back home with the feeling we have had a great time we will always be back

that about sums up my feelings also.
does anyone know,where is anywhere what it used to be???? i,d like to visit there,if you know what i mean.
sfelts wrote:
Wake up and smell the coffee and take your rose coloured spectacles off, the dream is over!!!!

I wondered how long it would be before you posted again :rofl Seem to remember you posting the same thing last year :rofl It maybe for you,but for many it still ticks most of the boxs for long term stay [5 months] and compared to Thailand, is still better value than most other long haul destinations.so for our 2011 were going back and still enjoy it,warts an all :cheers
we are going for 3 weeks next year.. this time I wont lose my passport :D
Yes we are going back.. the dream is not over yet for us.. :wave:
Had a brilliant holiday in goa this year,infact probably the best yet,but it is a big world out there,so have taken the plunge and booked Thailand for next year,as i have always wanted to go. we will really miss the social side that goa has,and i`ll miss chatting on the forums,but i know we will definatley be back
Got back on Sunday after 3 fantasic weeks, have already booked the flights for 3 weeks the same time next year, it just gets better and better for me. :cheers
Donna B
Who have you booked with

The Preacher
The Preacher

We have booked flight only through Jewel in the crown, we will book our usual hotel direct later in the year.

Donna B
X
We are going back next March, not been for about three years because got fed up with all the hassle of visa's etc but going to give it another try as I do miss it.

Sue
booked with olympic to go to goa flying with monarch flight only for three weeks just under 1300 for two of us. cant wait planning to get cheap accomadation in the south which we love.
according to posts on here it sounds like the north is a lot dirtier than the south with more of a rubbish problem ? the south seems ok in that respect perhaps you northeners should give the south a try lovely clean beaches and a lot more relaxed. anita :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.