Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
august
7 Posts
Hi Jenny - fancy meeting you here :lol: I know Bev and her family love Mahdia but would seriously recommend PEK or Sousse, or even Hammamet in preference, or at least for a change. In PEK they might like to have a look at the Golf Residence, as it is right near the Marina, opposite the water park and there is plenty to do in the area. At the other end of PEK the Soviva complex has had a lot of bad reviews again so I would be inclined to steer clear, at least for the foreseeable future. In Sousse, any of the hotels in the Marhaba complex should be OK. I don't think they would want to be any further out towards Hammam Sousse unless they fancy longish walks or a taxi to the town and medina. I'm sure others will come up with good suggestions based on their personal experience. xx
Thanks for that, but I was hoping that there was someone out there who could actually recommend a hotel that they had been to - 3 star max I think - AI so she knows what to budget for. They will be coming to see me in Mahdia in February as usual, but Bev is going to see if she can manage to get them over for two weeks in August. I'd like to think that she can - she certainly deserves it!!! Jenny x
Hi Jenny

I liked and would recommend the All Inclusive Abou Sofiane in PEK (have stayed there 3 times over the years) no water slides but plenty of activities for kiddies and adults too also it's right on the beach. My brother his wife and 3 kids (2 teens and 3yr old) stayed there at the end of July this year and had a great holiday and they liked the food too and said there was plenty of variety for them all.

Hope this helps

leanna xx
Many thanks for that Leanne - you can't beat a personal recommendation. I'll pass the info on to Bev. Jenny x
There is certainly plenty to do at the Abou Sofiane and the beach is really lovely, we are going back in February :tup

We have booked DIY with lowcostholidays.com but many other operators go there including Thomson & First Choice so it would be worth shopping around for the best price.

Graham
Thanks for that Graham - will pass it on to Bev. Years ago I took the children to PelK and they have very happy memories of their time there, but loathed Sousse, so it's a good option - and they'll be able to shown their mum around! Jenny x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.