Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
The main concern in the Caribbean in August is the threat of hurricanes and tropical storms, so you're best to pick an island off the normal hurricane belt.

That pretty much means south and west of Barbados, so I'd look at Barbados, Grenada, Tobago and Aruba.
Of all of them Aruba has the best climate at that time of year, as it's rainfall pattern seems different to the rest of the Caribbean.

We did Barbados last August and the weather was definitely wetter than when we've been in April, though you still get largely sunny days.
Giving Aruba a try this August as the beaches look superb.
Cuba Guardualavaca being as cheaper as europe. Wonderful hotel http://www.solmeliacuba.com/cuba-hotels/hotel-paradisus-riodeoro/
if you up grade to superior junior suite they are bungalows (Upgrade at hotel when you arrive cheaper) with outside shower hammock etc the rooms are big nice and clean bathroom a little dated. Adults only 5 A La Cate restaurants, scuba diving, horse riding 24hour room service and bar also stocked fridge in room all included, Adults only book with Thomson/First Choice or Thomas cook. We are back for 3 year in weeks time. Do read the reports on TA they are true.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g910832-d263971-r67884960-Paradisus_Rio_de_Oro-Guardalavaca_Cuba.html#TOPC
I have also posted a trip report HT.
You enjoyed Cuba you will love this place. One word Paradise. :wave:
Hi Debby,

Why not take a look at the Tamarjin in Aruba. We are off there for the first time 31st July, and choose it mainly because Aruba is outside the hurricane zone and all rooms are situated directly on the beach.

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.