Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I am going to make the same mistake as you next year ;) Just come back from our first trip to Cyprus and next years it's our first trip to Turkey, Marmaris to be precise.

The temps were crazy in Cyprus aswell and the 100% humidity that we experienced was a real shock to the system unlike Cyprus I am just hoping and praying that the bars and restaurants in Turkey actually have air conditioning, anyone?
Yes true determination & grit required in July/Aug Rotterdam.

You survived and had a good time I hope . There are stretches of coast that are more breezy for you next time . :)
I am so glad we are not restricted by school holidays.

The first time I went to Turkey I went in August. It was so so so hot! Every time since we've been in May and October and I much prefer it then - hot enough in the day for sunbathing if you want to, but not so hot you don't want to do anything BUT sunbathing. Also I prefer the cooler nights as having to have the air conditioning on in the height of summer always gives me a sore throat.
Olu Deniz, Turkey is the hottest place I've ever been. I'm used to holidaying in August in Mexico, Dom Rep and Greece and I LOVE the heat- it's the reason I go....BUT Olu Deniz was off the scale for me. We had a great time but the temps ensured that we won't be going again :(
Was i Marmaris in june this year and the temps were fine averaging 35 degs.Was there in august last year and it was unbearable in the mid to high 40's everyday. :tongue
we were in icmeler in july MY GOD!!!!!IT WAS AWFUL,in the words of peter kaye i like it hot but not that hot,call me vain but i like to, have a shower do my hair put something nice on and do my face for a night out,no chance i was full of spots through sweating it was impossible to do anything through the day,if you walked two yards you were dripping.with my pale ginger complexion i shouldnt really go at this time of year anyway and sunbathing isnt an option for me,so i spent most of the week stood in a pool in the shade ,lay on my bed with afan over me,or moaning its too hot.the general memory of the holiday was the feeling that i was wilting!!!!.I am told that since i came home it has gone even hotter my god that would just be tourture.
Hello again,

Yes we all had a good time. We wish to explore Turkey even further so another resort for us all next time. We had fun in the sun,ate well plus we had a different culture to both compare and appreciate. Seriously considering the 7 day 'Gulet' experience for Hubby and myself late next September.

Perhaps someone can give some more feedback on this ?

Rotterdam
I have been here in Datca not so far from Marmaris for the last few weeks and it is much hotter than usual I think but thankfully today the humidity has dropped and there is a lovely breeze. They say temperatures will drop a few degrees over the next day or so. If you are able to visit at the end of August beginning of September I think that is a good time. Temperatures still around 30 but not so likely to hit 40 and the sea is very warm. Later in September and into October it is still warm but sometimes you can have the odd storm or shower. They are usually short lived though. May/June is also a lovely time with very comfortable sunny days around 25 - low 30's. I too was here for the earthquake a couple of weeks ago, there were 2 in the night but I only woke for one. It was 4.4 and quite scarey. There was another the next day but I was on the beach and didn't feel that. They do have quite a lot of small ones here.
Thank goodness we don't have kids, and we can choose when we want to go.
We went in October last time, and it was still too hot for us.
We're off to Ovacik in 3 weeks, and someone told me it gets even hotter there,
than a lot of other places in Turkey.

I've just had a look at the webcams in Buzz bar, and Tonoz beach.
Both were pretty empty, despite it being just after midnight on a Saturday night!!!
Don't know what's happening, maybe it's just too hot :que
Hi

We went to Turkey (for the first time) 26th July - 9th August with our 4 kids. Have to go in Aug as I'm a teacher. We stayed in Torba (just outside Bodrum) and none of us had a problem with the the heat. It did get hotter as the holiday progressed but we were right on the beach and had lovely sea breezes everyday.

Luckily all we did was lie around as the kids didn't want to do anything! A trip to Bodrum had us literally dripping with sweat but still ok.

We've booked again for next year!

Lou
On the year we went to the bodrum coast (Turgutreis) it didnt feel half as hot as Olu or side .As you say lou there was a nice breeze there.
We have not been for a few years but the last time we went it was 50 on two consecutive days, :tongue

The reps were putting warning notes under doors and the Turkish authorities were even giving people the day of work. Most of the restaurants in Gumbet were open to the elements and it made it very uncomfortable to eat out in the evening.

The wind at night was like a hot oven door opening when it hit you, never again!!!!
We have just come back from two weeks in Belek. It was more humid in the evenings than last year but the heat during the day was just right. But i like it hot :tup
I've been in Datca for the last month and it has been one of the hottest summers I remember but we have taken things slowly and spent a lot of the time in the sea or pool. The humidity has also been higher as this is an area that usually doesn't have that problem but like somebody else mentioned my hair has been a mass of frizz and it hasn't been possible to wear make up as it just slides off lol. The sea is very warm and we have been swimming at night. Anyway for the last few days the temperature has dropped to around 33 and low humidity with a lovely wind. So for anyone coming out now it will be a lot more comfortable. We still need the aircon on for some of the night but don't have it on so much in the day.
Just get me out there. I don't normally like it too hot,
but I'm sick of the sight of all this rain here. Mind you, I'm known as "rain dance",
as I usually bring the rain everywhere with me :rofl

16 more sleeps till I'm in (hopefully ) sunny Ovacik. :sun2 :cheers :D
Looks like I picked the perfect week if it's cooling down a bit - fly out tomorrow night with 14yo daughter and she can whine for England if she overheats! :yikes
Have a good 'en Auntie Pink.
Although,if I remember rightly, this is your 2nd holiday to Turkey this year?................Greedy!!!
It certainly is and yes, I am! :)
Might even spoil myself and nip over during the next half term if I can find a bargain... ;)
I'm greedy too :rofl
Going to Portugal for a week 10 October, just 2 weeks after we get back from Turkey.
Good innit? :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.