Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It was certainly a lot hotter this August than it was last year, it was even all over the news in Turkey about the heat wave. We had a lovely air conditioned villa with a pool this year so we spent a lot of the time during the day there. The evenings were still really hot though while we were out.

Me and the girls weren't complaining too much it was my husband who kept sayig it was too hot, he must have got used to the temperature in England and forgotton that he managed for most of his life living and working in the heat of Turkish summers :rofl
I was in Marmaris from 12-26th August this year and it was HOT, some days it was 47 in the shade...........I went with my husband and two children, aged 9 and 13. I am fair skinned but we all came home with a fab tan, we coped with the heat during the day by swimming alot. Night times were more difficult as the air con only worked in one room in our apartment so we ended up al in one room. I would go again at the same time of year as the holiday was fantastic.
me too, Greedy! :rofl Just come back from 2weeks in Altinkum with family and friends, going to Icmeler for a week just hubby and I on the 23rd September. :sun2 Looking forward to it. Hope its a bit cooler than August, it was very hot, couldn't do much through the day. Did venture to Ephesus big mistake in the heat! :cheers
I flew out to Bodrum on the 21st August for a week, the first time in Turkey peak season we have been May/June loads of time. I thought the weather day & night was absolutly fab.
Hi guys :) we're off to Turkey, Kusadasi on the 1st of Oct and really hoping for it to be very hot...... any ideas anyone ? will it be hot hot hot :que
well it should be pleasantly warm in the day time possibly around 25 or if you are lucky more. You may need a light jacket in the evening. It is possible to get rain at that time but it is usually short lived. They had some early rain a few days ago and the very high temperatures dropped but I am told it will get warmer again during the next couple of weeks just in time for my next visit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.