Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
My family and I are going in August 2010. My children are 9 and 12. I have read both some positive and negative feedback. I wanted to see if anyone had been since September 2009, and if anything has changed around the negative points which have been raised. I am especially interested in "the Upgrade to Premium at resort". Is this a must, or is it the way of the hotel dealing with the issues around the hotel? The other question, is around the separation around the us and them mentality, for those that do and do not upgrade.. Comments very welcome.
Were getting married there in April and were told premium area is adults only, hope that helps. But then I dnt trust Thompson as far as I can throw them
Knowing is more than half way to understanding the real true.. I hope the wedding goes well, and thanks for your response.
Thanks for all the info, couple of questions(might be too late to be asking, I have booked :) ).

The $15 bus that goes to Cancun & Playa Del Carmen, how frequent is that & how long are you there?

Is the adults section of accomodation very seperate from the family side, we have upgraded to a sea-view, do I need to upgrade further?

Looking at the photos its like two mirror images of a hotel, is it adults in one half & families in the other? Does that apply to pools as well?

I know Spoons is a buffet & their is an adults on a la carte, are you limited in the number of a la carte visits per week/holiday - but I did a Thomson premier holiday before & apart from the airport upgrades you also got unlimited a la carte.

I know its a bit isolated, that doesn't bother us, we will do the Chitzen Itza trip, & we like snorkling, & will visit Cancun at least once & maybe Playa Del Carmen, any other must sees/dos?

Many thanks :tongue
I have scoured on line for a scanned in resort map, you know the little maps the hotel give you to show you the various blocks & restaurants, but I can't find one.

Anyone seen one?

Thank you
kimevans
we went last year & emailed the hotel for a map and they happily obliged. I've deleted it now so can't send it to you but i'm sure they'll send you a map if you email them.
What room do you think I will have in the Sensatori Mexico?

I upgraded the basic suite for a sea-view.

Just the two of us, do you think we will be in the adults only section?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll313/mrskimevans/azul-sensatori-layout.jpg
If you can be more specific about the room description i could tell you which building
regards
Hi Mak

I uped the basic room (as offered on the Thomson website) for the sea-view version.

So its the basic suite (they are all suites) PLUS sea-view.

We are a married couple, no kids.

Do you think I will be in the adults only?
Or is that extra?
hi kimevans

i don't think you're in the adults only section
if you look on the map i think you'll be in the block named 'luxury'

the best and easiest way to check is to look at the maximum occupancy offered for the room type you've booked (try doing a dummy reservation online)
all the 'adults only' suites which are in the 'adults only' section have a maximum occupancy of 2 adults
all the other suites will have 2 adults +

if you need anymore help please feel free to PM me
This is what it says on my booking print out for room description....

Junior suite, 2 adults with private bath, shower, wc, balcony, sea view, air conditioning.
Hi Kimevans

i would check with your travel agent as the rooms in the adult only block are the cheapest in the hotel
you've either been charged for an upgrade you're not going to get or else you're not in the adults only block

hope you get this sorted
m
I rang Thomsons.

They said I'm not in the Adult Only area (surprised you say its the cheapest - is that because the rooms are smaller maybe???).

They said they would make a note on my booking that I would like a quite area of the resort.

Thank you :cheers
Hi kimevans

Yes, they are the smallest rooms (although plenty big enough), they only have one bed (king size i think)
As i mentioned before, I think you will be in the 'Luxury block' as the only other possibilities would be the family section which they wont put you in, or premium which is very expensive (but lovely if one can afford!)
A little tip for you, go visit the wave bar (adult swim up bar at night) for a night cap, it's delightful

m
Hi folks,

we are going to the sensatori on the 21st, just me and my wife (mid 20s).
Where do you suggest we get the best room, we have just book the normal junior suite, but don't mind upgrading when we get there.

Also any good info would appreciated.

Neil :wave:
Is upgrading when you get there an option, as per n3il123s post above?

Because the upgrade for a swim up or premium is over 1k, has anyone upgraded in resort?

If so how much was it?
hi all
going on weds 29th to sensatori . anyone got any tips , advice, info ,anything,just getting excited.cant wait to get there.
happy sunny days :sun2
hi all just back from sensatori mexico. Had a great time . have posted a review any questions just ask. would return to this hotel again it was fantastic. happy days :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.