Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Our choice is Cavelossim I have posted a link to some photo's of our last two trips at the start of a thread called "photo's" (took me a while to think up a title :wink: ) They will give you an idea of the area any question's just ask.
Many thanks tightjock, I have indeed looked over your pics and it does seem very nice indeed. My worry is all these stories about how dangerous the sea is for bathing. We live in Jersey and my kids are used to swimming in the sea so it would be a concern of ours.
The sea in Cavellossim is much better for children than the main northern beaches. The beach shelves gently unlike Candolim, Calangute and Baga in the north.
They will have lots of fun finding hermit crabs.
Our daughter was in the sea everyday (there are a couple in the photo's) playing in the waves or on her boogie board. There were a couple of tides (a couple of late afternoons) when I didn't let her go in but you can tell even at ankle depth if there is a strong under-current so just respect the sea and be sensable and you'll be fine. (I'm referring to Cavelossim and also Benaulim Agonda and South in general I havn't swam in the North for a few years so can't comment) Any other questions on the South just ask.
p.s. It is without question our daughter's favourite place she has ever been to (Mr and Mrs Jock's too :) )
can anyone else to this one?( to help okitsme :D )
We took our 2 to Candolim last year (aged 7 and 8 at the time). They absolutely loved it and we have booked to go again in December. It is true that the sea can be rough but there was quite a large shallow area where the surf broke and they were more than happy playing there. The friends they made on the beach - both local and tourists more than made up for it. They spent most of their time in the shacks and playing beach games with the shack boys. Never had a problem finding things to do at night either. All in all I have to agree with tightjock. We have travelled all over the world, including holidays in California and Florida and our 2 children prefer Goa by far.
Have been to Goa 4 times now with our kids. Last visit in Apr 07 (aged 15 & 6) have previously visited earlier (Feb, Mar). The boys did find the humidity a bit much this time, but going to the beach shacks for the cooling sea breeze seemed to do the trick.

You will find that the Goans are very accommadating, food is never a problem, always plenty do. Have had no problems using the local taxis to see the sights (never used the holiday company tours).

Useful tip - take hand wash, always useful with little ones as toilets / wash facilities sometimes not what we are used to.

We are already booked again for next March!
welcome to Ht our bird :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.