Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
It sounds to me like Cala Dor is exactly what you are looking for - it definetly ticks all the boxes!
Thanks for the advice mary but I think this may be a bit too quite for me. Any where else you could recommend thats a bit busier?
I agree Cala dor,been in June there myself,ticks all your boxes.We went to Sa Coma a couple of years ago also in June,never again!.
Thanks Crispy for agreeing with me. I didnt reply Paul, because I couldn't suggest anywhere else that would tick all your boxes. Cala Dor is not too quiet unless you are 18 - 24 and want to party all night.
Sa Coma would be my recomendation.

Curious to know why Crispy wrote "We went to Sa Coma a couple of years ago also in June,never again!"
We went 3 years ago and had a great time.
I like east coast resorts Cala Bona /Millor/Sa Coma /S'illott but also Santa Ponsa. Santa Ponsa has 2 sides, one quiet the other lively, best of both. One advantage is it is convinient for Palma, and the airport.CBG
Rigler64,Paul asked for somewhere not too rowdy!!.Just reminded me of a holiday from hell for me anyway.We booked a late deal with Airtours,to Majorca,3 star hotel,half board,allocated on arrival,ended up at the Bourganvilla!!!,about 460 apts,we was booked into their restaurant for meals,awful food.When we walked into the complex I thought O my god,hundreds of kids,just Butlins in Spain,certainly not the hotel I was expecting!!.Also thought Sa Coma was a dead end place.
Crispy, whilst I agree with your observations of Bouganvilla, Ive got to disagree with you on Sa Coma. I went to Bouganvilla in 92,93 & 94 and had excellent holidays but went back in 98 and the place had changed for the worse. Since then we've had some wonderfull family holidays in Sa Coma at the Vista Badia, Coma Gran, Palmeras Playa and it's a great place imo for families. Good restaurants and nice bars and a superb beach. Each to his own I say and to be honest if you go with Airtours to Mallorca on allocate on arrival I think the Bouganvilla is the place that they dump most people.
As you said Barnio each to their own,I can only compare Sa Coma to Calador,now I thought that was a lovely family resort,but Im sure there are lots of other nice places as well
Crispy, we stayed in Cala Dor some years ago but to be honest the accomodation wasn't up to much but we liked the resort. Went back in August this year on a day out in the hire car and had a lovely meal by the harbour just boat watching and chilling.

Part of our holiday is about the night time and we've become good friends with a smashing bar owner in Sa Coma who makes you feel so welcome - Gabriel at the British Sports Bar, The Bar Gabriel. Over the last 16 years I've seen his family grow up and my little boy worked behind his bar this year, washing glasses, wiping down etc and he paid him with bottles of chocolate milk. It was lovely to see and we took Gabriels youngest son to the beach every day to play with our lads and although he didn't speak aword of english they got on famously. Out on the pedaloes and banana boat, it was just a great 10 days. Towards the end of the holiday we were invited to have lunch at the bar, our family and his, and we spent 2 hours in the company of a truly charming family.
Barnio,
I have just booked to go to the Palmeras Playa in Sa Coma.for this years hols. I have visited the resort many times but it will be first time at Palmeras Playa, I am hoping I have made a wise choice? CBG
Hi CBG,

We went there in 97 and it is/was a very nice hotel. Friends went last year and it had the option of AI and had a lot of German guests - never a problem 2 me, I don't mind mixing with other nationalities one bit.

The only "problem" was the double bedders! Because the hotel is U shaped, one side of the pool area is shaded in the morning and the other in the afternoon. A lot of guests therefore towelled up 2 sets of beds which really got to me. One day I removed some of them (after a couple of beers for dutch courage) and was confronted by 1 group on their return from the beach!!! I told them why I had done it and pointed out that they had no right to reserve any beds, let alone 2 lots and they backed right down. They probably realised that I was in the right and not in the mood to be messed about should we say and they were good as gold for the rest of the holiday lol!

I'm sure you'll have a great time, it appears you are a lover of the area like me from the content of a lot of your posts and also your user name.
Stayed at the Palmeras Playa June 07 in Sa Coma/Sillot. Great hotel, brilliant resort and would recommend both as a
family holiday or a place to relax. Great beaches and not too commercial. Loved both the resort and hotel :sun
Where are the good restaurants in sa coma, I have stayed there 4 times and never found a good restaurant. What I found was cheap and cheerful. I liked the resort because it is small and compact but have 2 other resorts near by, plus a lovely beach.
I too prefer Cala D'or to Sa Coma.We've not actually stayed in Sa Coma but spent a day there last year when we stayed in Cala Bona.
It did seem a small resort with not much going on.Nice beach though.We've been to Cala D'or twice and had great holidays in spite of staying in the hole in the wall at the Cala D'or hotel.Cala D'or ticks all your boxes.Nice beaches,5 in all,all small,some great restaurants,good bars with entertainment like the Tropical Gardens,not 18/30 but not too quiet either.Plenty of shops for the girls to waste time in,sorry browse in.Plenty of choice in restaurants like the Duke Of Devonshire.There's even a Wimpy Bar,not seen one for years over here. Some good restaurants down by the marina.Road train to get about.
There's the usual Kareoke bars,a kids amusement park,plenty of bars showing football.Best place we stayed at was the Azul Park which is part of the Esmeralda complex.
:sun2
Oh dear. Booked a few nights in Sa Coma in June for me and 3 friends (no kids :lol: ). We are staying at the Paraiso.
Hope we haven't made a big mistake. We just want nice beach, couple of good restaurants and some lively(ish) bars.
BTW been to Sa Coma before but usually with kids in October. Should we have booked another resort? :cry
Pargaluvva, Sa Coma fits the bill, no worries there. When we are in Sa Coma we walk to S'illot for our meals at Antic either inside for out on the terrace and overlooking the sea. A short taxi to the harbour in Cala Bona another evening to eat there. I do believe where you are staying the restaurant is good also. I will be in Sa coma 4-13 June thoroughly enjoying myself!.CBG
Cant think of a user name,

There are many good restaurants in Sa Coma imo. El Sol serves excellent meat and fish dishes however can be slow service, Oasis & Salvatores are also good quality. There are as you say other budget types, the best one being the Kings Head where you get plenty of food on your plate at a very fair price.
Hi CBG. Thanks for your reply. We are looking forward to a break (minus kids). Me and my friend, whose birthday we are celebrating, went to Sa Coma about 19 years ago. It was allocation on arrival (North East Coast and we expected Alcudia). When the rep said Sa Coma we had never heard of the place. Anyway, we had a great time (used to go into S'Illot, Cala Millor, Cala Bona as well) and have always said we would like to return so that's why we chose Sa Coma. We will miss you, we fly out on the 13th June. Have a great time. Gx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.