General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi linzi lou - I generally book mine over the phone after finding the holiday I want on-line. I pay the deposit over the phone, and then pay the rest in the shop or over the phone. When I book way in advance, I do pay in a couple of lump sums per month sometimes in the shop or over the phone - if you do it over the phone they will send you receipted invoice/e-mail you should be able to do the same if booking on-line

Hope that helps
Ah ok so that would be the same as booking in store but it's just over the phone rarther than face to face. Seems like a good alternative! Thanks :-)
I always book in store as I am not confident to book on line but I always look at the web price first.
I have never been refused the web price,so its worth trying your local branch.
If you want to pay in installments why give the TA/TO money in advance? Open an instant access savings account, pay your installments into that account and then withdraw the cash when the balance is due. That way you earn a little interest on the money saved.
linzi_lou wrote:
Ah ok so that would be the same as booking in store but it's just over the phone rarther than face to face. Seems like a good alternative! Thanks :-)

that's what I have found to be case, it's convenient for me - I find the deal that I want then, I speak to someone and pay the deposit over the phone, it makes ME feel a little better, and if it's a long way off then I pay as I feel.

AVH - I understand that's the sensible thing to do is to keep in the bank, but the amount of interest in a 6 month period for this sort of money would not give you much in return - well that's I see it, if travel date is close then do you have to pay all in own as I have just done.
I can with my James Villa booking, you can ring up evey week, fortnight, month etc and pay some of the balace off over the phone anytime between paying the deposit and the date the balance is due. The Lady on the phone says it's a popular way to pay with a lot of their regulars.

Doe :sun2
linzi_lou,

If you book online, once you've paid your deposit, you can pay as little or as much of your balanace as and when you want to online up to the date at which the balance must be paid, nornmally 12 weeks prior to travel.

Darren
We always price up on line and then pay in store where they will (usually) price match. At least in store I can try and negociate a bit more off and you can run through things. But even if you pay on line you can pay the rest in store if you wish
I always book online, its much more convenient. I work at for an online travel agent and they are nothing but professional. Theres no difference between booking online or at a land office, that is apart from you can get greatly reduced prices by booking online. If you book at a reputable online travel agent you will get the same service as if you went into the shop. If you need any advice I would be happy to help, just drop me a pm or something.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.