General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
booking online
19 Posts
we booked with portland online this year (to go to Crete) - and have booked online with Thomas Cook, and gone DIY on numerous occassions over the past few years. Best bit of advice do your RESEARCH - there are numerous sites offering information, advice, reviews etc of both resorts and accommodation.
We always book online with Eclipse Direct. Have had no problems so far.
done it on-line with airtours, direct holidays, lowcostbeds + others and no problem. i think if its a large company they will have security in place.

PS is manos not part of mytravel/airtours ? if so...get on with it.

have a nice one :D :D :D
I always book my holidays, flights etc online these days. You can normally bet better prices than going through travel agents. I've never had a problem yet.

Darren
Booked my villa and flights on line for America next year, also my hols to Gran Canaria this year.

Always a better price than the shops themselves :P
We always book online - it has always been much cheaper than travel agent prices.

It also means that you are putting your own name etc in rather than someone having to type it for you, cuts down the risk of getting tickets with a mis spelt name on it :lol: - we have a hard surname to spell - ive lost count of the amount of times we have had to phone people to get the name spelt properly!!

Good luck!!

fatcodycat 8)
Hi, I always start out trying to book online, if I could complete it then I could have no problem in doing so. Unfortunately as two of our kids have to travel as adults, everytime we have to put dates of birth it it always throws this up as an error. This has happened with Direct Holidays, Thomson and Portland. I just have to make a note of the online price, phone them up and they have to take the booking from me.

Bit of a pain but I still get the online price.
When booking online, do your research first.

When sending credit/debit card details across, please ensure that the URL you are accessing is prefixed with https://

Please remember that anybody can set up a website that looks like reputable travelagent, take your money and disappear.

Mark :D
If you've found a good deal online but still feel a bit shaky about booking it, you can always print it out and take it to a travel agent to see if they can match it - even if they can't match it, they should be able to get pretty close and maybe throw in free insurance or some other extra to make up the difference :wink:
I checked online this year the usual suspects Thomson, First Choice etc, looked at the prices and resorts, checked resort reviews and then decided from there.

Had the same problem as someone mentioned earlier with inputting childrens d.o.b, so in the end had to phone through with details.

At least online you can see all the charges, final price and free child places available rather than flicking through endless brochures with all their blah blah.
If you are nervous to book online, you can always call them and say that you are having problems with the site. We did this with Manos and they honoured the online price.
i always use my credit card as you are guaranteed your money back for any fr4d where it is harder and takes longer to get it back on a debit card. i know this from working in a bank. its worth having to pay the 2% fee for peace of mind.
I've booked lots of flights online and package holidays with Olympic and Style for us and with Portland and Thomson for my parents. Never had any issues.
all booked just waiting for the paperwork
We have been booking on line direct with hotels and apartments in Turkey, have never had a problem, would not dream of going through a travel agent, booked Hotel in Turunc and one in Dalyan this year did not even have to send deposit, just pay when we get there.
Booked flights via AI, very reasonable, but have since found out Agean flights are cheaper still, we usually book flights first then decide where we are going to stay.
Be brave, give it a go. :wink:
all booked just waiting for the paperwork

Great - where are you going then?
i have booked icmeler staying at the avlu 1 . 4 weeks tomorrow and very excited
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.