Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Don't buy 'gold' or 'silver' from hotels or souvenir-type shops - it's all fake. Genuine gold dealers are government controlled and their gold is usually 24ct. That said, Tunisia isn't really in the same league as countries like India for gold jewellery.
Hi Kashmirigirl - I do agree with Zarah there. I only wear Indian jewellery - received quite a lot of it when I married in an India wedding ceremony about 100 years ago :really - and would in no way compare it with Tunisia gold. The Tunisian ladies are actually great admirers of Indian gold jewellery. I'd stick to that if I were you. All best - Jenny x
hi i brought a gold necklace of a dartboard and darts in tunisia from the hotel jewelry shop it came with a certificate and was very cheap cant remmember how much now as it was around 7 years or more when we went.
i wear it most weeks and when i go on holidays in the pool ect and it still looks nice and shiny and looks like the gold brought at home.
I was well pleased. :tup
I think it's not advisable to buy gold in Tunisia. Most gold they sell in Tunisia are fake. I'll advise you stick to Indian gold jewelry after all they produce one of the best original gold
  • Edited by Fiona 2021-06-07 11:20:00
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.