Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I can recommend ROCKYS I have been going to him for years he is such a nice fellow always makes you welcome with a nice cold drink
he will ask you what you want find it for you with no bother and wont pressure you to buy anything he wants all his coustomers to be happy because he knows you will come back to him ........tell him the lady from ireland sent you if you call in to see him he will know who you mean ......colleen
I love Guru - nice modern pieces at nice prices.
Definatley Recommend ali @ raj jewellers @ the highland beach what a great man very helpful he did two rings for us one for the wife which i cant get off her finger to get a value on it. and he done me a 1k solitare he gave my wife her ring 2 days b4 we paid for it so trusting. will post my valuations when i can stop the wife thinking she is liz taylor. is mobile number if you are going is +919960529004 tell him adrian and paula will see him again in dec 08 :ghug
just a update i had the two rings valued more than happy, both are worth more than 3 times for what we paid thanks ali.

also ali as phoned me today to sort out a wedding band in 18ct for the wife will post it to us and pay him in december 08

tell me were you can get that service not in the uk im sure.

well done ali cant wait to sit and have a coke with you.

all the best adrian and paula. :cheers
:clap :clap Brill galaxy kid I love all these jewellery stories but please tell us what you paid for the rings and what they were valued at ..I have an emerald ring away to be valued now I will let you know what its worth when it comes back .....colleen
HI COLLEEN i paid £930 for my 1ct solitare that was valued @ £2950 and the wifes was £760 that was valued @ £2550 very happy ;)
:clap :clap Magic Galaxy kid im so happy for you I love to hear anything to do with the jewellers I will let you know what is said about the ring we have sent away ... :glynis colleen
Hi Galaxy Kid
Going out to see Ali next week,will take copy of your post he will be so pleased
Ann :wave:
ANN thats sounds good to me give him my best regards i did speak to him today, i think he is one of the most honest person i have come across. adrian :sun2
I bought more from my favourite jewellers, Ashokas in Candolim. Diamond and emerald bangle - £800 and valued at £2500. 7 stone diamond eternity ring - £250 valued at £700. Both are beautiful and everyone is pleased except my husband (only kidding).

Candybabe
Candy have you only got the bangle made or did sanji make it for you in the past I rem him showing me a valueation for one he was so pleased he shows it to everyone its just i rem it said emerald and diamond and it was valued at 2500....colleen
Colleen

It was a bangle already made up so assume it was his design - someone I showed it to in Goa had seen in previously as was jealous that I had bought it.

Candybabe
Also, so you can try and picture it - it has 12 rows of oval shape emeralds, 3 in a row (so 36 emeralds altogether) and each row is flanked by 5 tiny diamonds - not chips (65 in all) and it is set in 18 ct gold with a clasp opening. Very classy!

Candybabe
Sounds very nice i'm just glad the wife dont come on the forum ???

she could get to many idea's.
I must admit I have gone a bit mad the last 2 years. Last year it was a half carat diamond soltaire which cost £350 and valued at £1800. This is the first time I have ever treated myself to real jewellery. I love wearing it but must admit I am a little nervous when on the train/tube and try and keep the bracelet covered up! However, what is the point of buying it and not enjoying on a daily basis. Also my insurance premium has risen, but hey it is only money!
Candybabe
Ive upped all my insurance policies due to the gorgeous jewellery I now own. I dont wear it on a day to day basis and prefer to keep it for weekends and night outs etc.
My OH usually has a look over the jewellery ive picked to wear when we are going out and says "right lets see if youre worth mugging this evening" :evil: :-x cheeky so and so :rofl
:rofl Gemma Some days my husband says mrs you have 7..or 8 grand on them fingers of yours :rofl .but candy is right why have it if you done get the good out of it .....colleen
Must admit I dont wear a lot of rings. Its something I personally dont like, two max is enough for me. But I do like other bits of bling, I think they are very flattering and can make an outfit really nice. On the other hand sometimes I just wear costume jewellery if it goes better with what I am wearing ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.