Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
ann paula said thankyou for what you did for her also just a update to thanks ali @ raj jewellery for doing paula her ring and sending it with ann, were in this country can you get a ring made and sent to you and they wait for 10 months untill you go to pay for it.
so anyone going to candolim go see ali he does make a very good job and his prices are good too can't mis him right next to the highland beach hotel. ;) ;) ;)

ali paula loves it see you soon many thanks adrian and paula. :sun2
Thank you Adrian&Paula it was a pleasure to bring the ring back for you,
so pleased it arrived safe,also a big thank you to Ali at Raj jewellers
Highland beach for making such super jewellery for us,and being so helpfull
Ann&John
:cheers :wave:
Snakey - had exactly the same experience as you a couple of years ago. We were shown some appallingly flawed diamonds at several places but Harry and Perry at Living Jewels came up with better stuff that has subsequently proved to be a good investment.

We saw them again a few weeks ago and made a small purchase but got no hard sell and the guys seem genuinely happy to see returning customers. They are nice people. Other friends have bought from them and are happy with what they've got so would recommend them - but you've always got to be wary when buying jewellery - even in Britain.
I am also shocked at your experience in Ashoka. I went there after Keith (on this site) recommended them. Myself and my friend both bought 1.1 caret rings ,lovely white clarity,paid £1,500 and have just had mine valued at over £6,000. Sanjay (the son) was very helpful to us,showed us large,small, flawed, better quality all with no pressure. I looked in many other jewellers before I went back, as I liked the unusual design and no where else matched that innovative style for me.

Debi
like your good self debi we done many good buys with both the the father and son, we have just emailed what we are looking for and there are already a good selection for me to look at. i will buy if i like what i see or i wont. but never in all my deals have i been pressured either way, i have even left the store owing him for jewellery, we returned 12 months later instead of the usual 3 or months and he never once contacted me asking for the money, nor did i saying when i would be back.
not a email or a letter to my home. trust goes along way in my book and until i personally feel disappointed or ripped off like at chandras i am more than happy to use ashoka many a night on the way out or way back to hotel we pop in or get dragged in for a drink nothing is every to much trouble for them long may they continue.
Totally agree with you Stavros, that was our experience. They cleaned my friends wedding rings and made another ring smaller,free of charge. We had many educational chats about the various qualities of diamonds (before we bought) lots of the sellers on the beach and in other shops commented on my ring, saying what a really good quality diamond it was. We also were called in before and after we bought, for a drink and a chat and Sanjay even gave us an address in the UK that if we were not satisfied we could have our money back.

Debi
I have had my eye on a ring in ashoka for 2 years now Sanji shows me the ring 10 times :rofl over the 2 or 3 weeks we are there never onced has he said you should buy the ring ..but im going again to see him again in a few weeks ....the thing is I go to the same jeweller in goa I have been going to him for years and I would feel like I was doing something wrong by getting the ring of sanji :duh But I have now told myself ...you like it just get it .......I think its the ring your talking about Debs .....colleen
collen show me the ring i will go in shop and buy it for you with your money. i have a wife 2 daughters and a grandaughter who gets all mine otherwise i would have got u it lol. this way u staying loyal to ur jeweller as you didnt actually get it. getting holiday fever here
Hi Colleen
mine is like two circles crossed over each other,one with .22 diamonds and one plain and a 1.1 diamond in the middle in white gold. It is really unusual and everyone who sees it comments on it.
I love it and thats what matters :tup

Debi
thats the important factor deb its how it makes you feel that matters. Ashoka has a web site also where you can order your stuff before you get there he always emails back very prompt next day normally.
Please could i have the email address stavros would love to see what he has, dont mind a little visit to the north :D Many thanks
Sorry debbi Im just getting back in to the forum from this morning and have just seen your reply ......the ring I seen was like an X with all little diamonds under and one big diamond on the top you could get it in gold ...white gold ...or both on the same ring ......stavros :rofl will you come in with me when i go to get it ......... :rofl ....colleen

INVALID URL this what you need girls ...

http://www.ashokajewellers.com I sent sanji an e mail and he sent me this link today ..................colleen ....1st march
Hi Colleen
yes thats the one :tup he has them with different sized diamonds in the middle as well, I think they start from about £500. I thought it looked better in the white gold. Lots of people at home have said how unusual it is, I love it, but I am a bit paranoid in case the diamond falls out :duh
:rofl Debs dont laugh but its the size of the diamond that puts me off it a bit I think the big diamond sits up to high but i will go and have another look in a week or 2 .......as i say I have been looking at that lovely ring for ages now so i might just go for it at easter ....i know what you mean about fear of the stone falling out bet you look at it a million times a day :rofl ......colleen
I am intrigued by this ring , any chance of downloading a piccie Deb? :tup
OHHHH girls it is lovely and who knows in a week or two I might own one of them :clap :clap
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.