Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Colleen,

do you mind if I ask what jeweller you use? Heading over from Belfast in November and really interested in getting one or two nice rings.

Thanks muckajen
Hello muckajen how nice to meet you :welcome to the forum .. I go to a jeweller at the nizmar hotel in Calangute he is very good and will make you anything you want he made me a ring onced and it was around £400 and it was valued at 3 grand .. he has made me a right few now if you need to know more about him just ask .....when will you be going in november we go in november too if your there same time as us I will bring you to see the jeweller if you want ....colleen
Hi Colleen

We will be in Goa 22-29th November - we are travelling around the Golden Triangle for the 2 weeks before that. That's really kind of you to offer, might end up taking you up on that.

Would you recommend anything else for use first timers - restaurants/shopping/trailors/day trips etc.

Getting excited now :D
Thanks Jen
yes muckajen I could go on for ever telling you things about goa :rofl but I will go up to the goa gossip thread up the page as I dont want to go :offtop go up there and I will write a few wee things ......colleen
well having returned from goa in feb i have finally managed to prise my fiance's engagement ring off her to get it valued and also the diamond earrings we bought while we were over there.

everything we bought was from living jewels where we recieved excellent service from perry and would thouroughyl recommend him to anyone on here.

the earrings which cost £700 have been valued at £2000

the ring which cost £2300 has been valued at £5000

result!
Brill The Real Snakey im sure she is well pleased ......colleen
Hi,

I will be visiting Living Jewels again as well, it's two years since we last visited Goa, and I purchased a ruby and diamond bracelet, with matching ring and earings (going back for the necklace) all came back with valuations of over 4 times what I had paid for them.

My sister almost felt like she'd won the lottery, she bought a white gold bangle set with Sapphires and Diamonds for £450.00 and the valuation came back at £6500.00. Her husband felt quite guilty for trying to barter Harry down in price.

And we have received beautiful Christmas cards from Harry and Perry ever since.

Worth a visit, even for just a beer and a chat, and to try on all the lovely things they have in stock.

Sue
I totally agree with you i use Living Jewels and was very very happy with the service and the value of the goods when they were valued.
please can one of you tell me where Living Jewels is please, many thanks :tup
If i think right its over the road from ruffles the bar/restaurant..
Hi All,

I have inherited some Ceylon Sapphires and would like to have them made into a bracelet, can anyone recommend a good, honest, jeweller who can set these (would like to go home with the same ones we come with!)

Many Thanks in anticipation
Hi Travellingtrina

I have been using The Guru jewellers next to the Magnum Resort in Candolim and his work has been superb and he is also very honest, his name is Haresh, if you tell him Mike recommended you to him, then he should give you good discount or if you know what date you will be going let me know and i will pop up with you and introduce you to him as a good friend of mine. It all hepls.

Mike
Many Thanks Mike!

I see you too are down for the December meets, so we can have a chat and arrange something then, I will put our names down for the 10th.

We are getting quite excited now, and sorting out the final things like malaria tablets, mozzie repellent etc.

We had a horrendous time getting my Son a visa for the USA (he is studying in LA for a year) so I not looking forward to doing the visa bit all over again!

See you in just over seven weeks!

Regards Trina :hols
Hi Travellingtrina - Before I pass on a recommendation, I reckon you have to be very, very cautious about jewellery in India. There are honest jewellers and if you look up the very long jewellery thread on this site, you'll find many recommendations and a few scary stories.

I'm no expert but I've seen some dreadfully flawed diamonds in some rings. Even if you don't know much about jewellery (as I certainly don't), do a bit of homework and speak as if you really know your onions! They'll be less likely to try it on!

We have used Living Jewels in Candolim quite a few times - our friends have, too. He made a ring to our design and has altered existing jewellery which has always been valued well in the UK. There are two guys who run it - one is called Perry and I've forgotten the other. Call in and say you have been recommended by HT - they are aware of this site and know that if they do a bad deal it will be on t'internet in hours! They are very nice people and certainly worth looking up to see if you feel comfortable with them.

Happy shopping! :tup
Hl TRINA
Can reccomend Ali at Raj Jewellers have bought new and taken old jewellry and had it
reset the shop is at the Highland Beach Candolim,Ali is this season opening a new branch
at Sun City Hotel Baga so he will probably be there, you won,t find a more honest guy,read
back on old threads,they also have a shop in Sun Village Arpora,but personaly we have only
had dealings direct with Ali.
ann
Master jewelers, just past the stonehouse restaurant in candolim. Ask for mush, tell him sharon & steve sent you. We have used him many times, he is also a friend of a jeweler we used when we used to go to varca in south goa.
hi ann have ben to alis new shop in sun city it is very nice the hotel is nice as well but mainly russians there he is staying there for a month to see how it goes love sue
hi sue thanks for info on Ali hope all goes well for him,have tried asking on he forum
for update on the Suncity but no reply,s if its full of russian,s no wonder!!!
how are things with the charity help?
bye ann
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.