Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mel
I don't know about the other jewellers, but Living Jewels only take a few days to make an item of jewellery.

If I've chosen an expensive stone or an intricate design, Perry may send it off to Mumbai to be made.
I would say that staying one night in Mumbai shouldn't cause you a timescale problem in getting your rings made.

Polly
Great thanks for that, I was starting to worry that we wouldn't have enough time. Where are Living Jewels, I can't see a mention of them in previous posts, we just want gold bands nothing too intricate.
Mel
Perry and Harry at Living Jewels have been mentioned quite a few times in this thread.

They are in Candolim, just past the road to Panjim heading towards Sinquerim/Fort Aguada.
I think they are almost opposite the Beach Road, right next door to Floyd's on the left hand side of the road.
I can't remember more exactly than that as I'm usually on auto-pilot. :roll:

I've had loads of stuff made by them over the last 4 or 5 years and have never been disappointed with the quality.

I had a new wedding ring made a couple of years ago with 18ct white & yellow gold, set with 3 diamonds on a diagonal, it's lovely.

Hope you get what you want.
Polly
Polly
Thanks ever so much for that, I can't see for looking this morning. Will definitely go there. :)
Mel
Mel
if you've not already seen it, take a read at my post about Living Jewels dated 26th March 2007.
It'll either be at the top of the last page or the bottom of the penultimate one.

Do you know what design you want?
I find it useful to have a design in mind, but am quite often swayed by something else that Perry shows me when I get there.

Polly
Polly

I have no idea what design yet, the only thing I am certain on is I want that rich yellow colour gold you see the people wearing. To be honest I'm more than likely to change my mind ten times before settling on something! I had thought about taking pictures with me and seeing what they can do.
Mel
we are staying at the sun village baga in november for one week,which is the nearest jewelers to us,besides the one in the hotel...i am looking for at least one carat.....what sort of price would i be looking at...thanks Gavin.. 8)
Hi Gavin,
if your in baga call to Tito's road next to the corner shop is GM Jewellers, they have looked after us incredably over the last fews years and make sure you take any jewelry you want cleaned, they do this service free of charge even if you buy nothing.
I believe it's a family run business by two brother's Gulza and Mohamed they are super guys they can make anything, either to your own design or they can point you in the right direction.
And everythibg we have bought in the past has been valued at three times what we paid.

Enjoy, Regards Cordtex
What would be a realistic time to allow for a ring of a specific design to be made? We are really not in Goa for long( 6 days).
Hi Fiona
I guess it al depends on the complexity of your design, but I would have thought 6 days would not be a problem, they have there own workshop, and nothing is beyond there capabilities.

just let them know how long you are there for and you would like to see the finished work with enough time to decide that it's for you.

Regards Cordtex
thanks cordtex. I certainly don't want it back last minute as, going by some experiences here, I would be asking elsewhere for a valuation for it,just in case! Best thing to do is to sort it out the day we arrive.
I had a pair of earrings made last year, to my own design, we went into theshop on the Monday Morning, and they were ready Tuesday afternoon. It takes longer than that in this country to get a new watch face glass fitted.
thanks for the info cordtex,ill try to find it as soon as we get there.
thanks.....Gavin. 8)
Beware of darkness, when buying anything of value ask the price in Rupees then convert it back yourself to the day's Sterling exchange rate.

Don't be caught-out by the £ price he/she quotes :wow :whoops
hi,
we are going to cavalossim in south goa and wondered if anyone had any jewellers to recommend in that village. any advice would be great
andy and pat
Andy and Pat, if you PM Tightjock, I know he uses one he highly recommends in Cavalossim, run by Jaan I think :wink:
cheers mate. thanks for the info
andy
Jaan owns Jewel Collection, shop no. 13 Luisa by the Sea, my most favourite jeweller. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.