Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
cancellation??
6 Posts
Alan
sorry to hear that. its so disappointing when you lose the chance of a holiday. We may be in the same position in July, as I'm not too sure that there won't be more troubles. Are you meant to be flying directly to Pattaya? Are you absolutely not going?
Yes we're flying from Glasgow with Emirates. Pataya is regarded as a no go by Thomas Cook at present, but only up till Monday. Are we going? who knows, wait and see, I'm afraid, they've just extended the curfew for anothe three days, not exactly a reassuring fact, when all you wanted was a very quiet, relaxing holiday.
Alan
My understanding is that the curfew in Pattaya was lifted a while ago?

Sources: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/178734/curfew-lifted-in-pattaya
And: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Curfew-Lifted-Pattaya-City-t367835.html

I will say that i'm surprised they are allowing cancellations to holidays to Pattaya as it exceeds the Foreign Office Advice (who are only advising against travel to Bangkok and Chiang Mai).

If Thomas Cook are worried, I wonder why they don't look to rebook you to Dusit Hua Hin or Phuket - i'm sure that they are big enough to negotiate an easy transfer with Dusit hotels (who have offices in the UK).

I wouldn't personally be worried.
Thanks very much for that input,we'd more or less decided to go as planned, just a bit annoyed at T.Cooks attitude when called on this matter, and how what had been a first rate company (netflights) seem to have suffered a big drop in performance, in my opinion, since they have been taken over by T.Cooks.
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.