Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
.....havn't seen thompsons webpage, but....for what its worth..... there are three different capistrano's.......as far as I remember, EL is by a junction of the main road, just after the big Supersol.....VILLAGE is a bit further along the same road, as you go out of Nerja towards the caves.....and ST JUAN is way, way up the hill, behind EL...and is where we once spent two months.
Just picked up your note about the El Capistrano. There are 3 Capistrano villages in Nerja.

El Capistrano is on the lefthandside of the main N340 road out of Nerja. Above this village is San Juan de Capistrano. This village will have a little more road noise as the new motorway is routed behind it. To the right of the N340 and towards the beach is Jardins de Capistrano or Capistrano Playa.

The link for the El Capistrano village site is below. Of the 3 villages, I would always stay here - large variety of properties both privately advertised on the web or through travel agents. The properties advertised through Thomson holidays are apartments and from memory don't offer tv or having washing machines like other private properties on the development. The apartments are closer to the N340 road than other private properties (i.e villas). We used Thomson for our first holiday to El Capistrano and had a 2 bed apartment with huge terrace - this was out of season in January and we have fantastic weather. After that, we rented privately in the village and because there are pools on site, the rental prices are cheaper than trying to rent a villa with a pool in other parts of Nerja. The village has an onsite supermarket stocking those UK favourites and UK newspapers, a bar and restaurant, laundry and hire car service. Their reception desk is open 24 hours a day in case of problems. There is one indoor and 2 outdoor swimming pools so it truly can be used all year round.

http://www.elcapistrano.com/

Got to say that once you have stayed at El Capistrano, you will be hooked. Be warned, it is quite hilly and if you have elderly or less mobile family members, hire a car as the access road is very steep from the N340. There is a larger supermarket at the bottom of the hill and access to Burriana beach is about 5 minutes drive away.

Enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.