Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Does anyone know what the Oasis Village is like?
If you mean Capistrano Oasis, It's an attractive urbanisation on the edge of the town. Nice pool and bar area.
Some information HERE.

Pippy :D
Everywhere you go in Nerja is up or down a hill especially to Burriana beach which is very pretty with plenty of resturants. The first time we went we where up cadiac hill - you'll find out!! Not much to do for youngsters though and after 3 visits we found it rather boring as public transport very limited, but for your first visit I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Katy
We have hired a car so hopefully it will allow us to see the surrounding area. Apparently the owners of the property say that there is a path from the Capistrano Oasis under the Aquaduct to the beach, what is this like?
We have stayed on Oasis about five times.My daughter was in her early teens.She spent a lot of time in the pool(and playing pool!)We liked the accommodation and the area very much.It is very picturesque and set in lovely gardens. I think it has won several awards for design.
We did the walk to the beach several times but you do need to be reasonably active.It can get a bit steep at times.
We always had a car but buses run nearby.It is a little way out of the centre but we have walked there too.
Burriana Beach is lovely and there are places to eat on there.There is also a restaurant on Oasis itself.Pick up a free copy of "The Market Place".it has lots of info in there.They usually left one in our villa..
Have a good holiday!
Sheila M
Yes I agree you have to be fit to do the walk to Burriana and even fitter to walk back!! Bear in mind that a lot of the restuarants close in the evening on the beach and then it is a long haul up loads of steps to the town to find somewhere to eat. Check out the local 'toy train 'which does round trips round the complexes and takes you into town. It's cheap and quite regular and if you speak a bit of Spanish will drop you off where you want!!

Enjoy
Katy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.