Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Cool69.

I think you've had ALL these exact questions answered elsewhere on the internet on lots of other forums :que

Not sure what further info you could get in comparison to what you already have :duh

By the way your post is confusing numbers wise as your quoting both the Euro and the CYP fees it should be:

1,17 cyp 2,00 eu
16,85 cyp 28,79 eu
93,77 cyp 160,22 eu
Since when has a CY£ been less than a Euro? :lol:

€2 = CY£1.17
€28.79 = CY£16.85
€160.22 = CY£93.77

Today's "exchange" rate is aproximately CY£1 = €1.71 according to xe.com

Who's confusing who? :wink:

Mark
Your quite right Mark.......but I'd had my fill by then :duh
Was just trying to sort it before people thought Cyprus had adopted the Turkish Lira with all those numbers Jacob had posted :rofl

And as you know it's not the first time doing the rounds with our "friend" is it :banghead:
been quoted 94 pounds for four day car hire in august from regency car hire anybody used them before.
What car? Prices vary, obviously, so, in effect you are asking how long is a piece of string.
Is it a quoted price or a price from their website?
Does it include CDW?
Unlimited mileage?

Have you had prices from other hire companies?

Mark
sorry my stupidity ive been quoted 94 pounds on a ford fiesta with air con,unlimited mileage and full insurance.
Doesn't seem too bad for a 4 day hire in high season.
We normally hire in September for 14 days and last year paid about £16.00 per day for a Toyota Corolla. (Upgraded from a Yaris at no cost.)
Have you had any other prices?

Mark
We are going to Protaras in may and are looking to hire a jeep for 3 or 5 days. Can anyone recommend a good hire place near to the Rising Star apts. What can we expect to pay??
Thanks to Mark, took your advice and e-mailed Petsas. They beat the best quote I had and were very quick to respond.
ClaireT
Claire, you're very welcome!
In my eyes, Petsas are the dogs bits.
Never had a problem, always had an upgrade. In 2006 we paid for a Suzuki Jimny, upgraded for free to a Toyota Rav4!
We are hoping to book with economy car hire . com

Sorry it won't let me post a full link. They have fully comp insurance and no hidden extras. If you pay for it in the uk you don't need to worry about over spending on your hols.
We have just got an excellent deal/quote with Regency Car hire, €108 for 4 days with a child seat.delivered to our hotel at no extra cost. Part of me still thinks i should wait until we get out there, will it be any cheaper?
Going to ayia nappa on the 18th june 2 weeks staying at the olimpic lagoon wanting to hire a car any sugestions
kay
Hi,

I am arriving in Larnac late next weekend with no pre-arranged transfers to the apartments in Protatars. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay ballpark for a taxi and if there will be some around in the early hours!

I am staying in apartments near Knights pub and wonder whether anyone could recommend the best place for car hire (possibly leaving the car at the airport when returning). Not sure whether to book from Uk or not?

Trying not to let the Euro drag me down too much!!!!!
I would hire the car from the airport if thats where you plan on returning it. Its an easy run from the airport to Pernera.
Email Petsas on rent_a_car@petsas.com.cy
Car hire will start about €25 a day
Taxi will be ~€55 at night.

Ady
many thanks - a great help. I am sure by next year I will be paying a supplement for the plane to have an engine in it!
Isn't the Knights bar in Pernera ? There is actually a small car hire place about 2 doors away and another on the otherside of the street.... I've hired from both over the years the smaller one seemed to do better deals...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.