Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
When did hiring a car become such a difficult decision? this is driving me mad. We have visited Cyprus many times, but never hired a car. I have read all the posts and still confused.com.
The most reasonable prices I have obtained are from Cyrpus Economy rentals & Auto-europe, but its the hidden extras that I have become confused about, most include additional driver, can anyone tell me what else we are likely to pay upon collection.
Sorry to be a pain.
Kaz.
Kaz......most company's include as you state an additional driver, the rest you need to check are thrid party insurance damage waiver etc. etc. To be honest most include all this especially the one's you mention. The only extra you should have to pay on arrival is an up front payment for a full tank of fuel (avergage car £35-40 Euros) before they give you the keys....you agree to bring it back empty, and that's it :tup
Hi Courtneelouise,

Is the car hire place you're thinking of called Phelena or something similar?
Hello!

We leave for Cyprus on 1st October and would be really grateful for advice on who to go to for car hire, out of Larnaca airport. There are so many horror stories on-line and we have two young children so I'm really concerned that we get a decent car and child booster seats.

Any advice would be great.

Jackie :)
Hi Jackie............you might want to take a look at the sticky "Car Hire" a few posts above yours ;)
Hi,

I have received a quote from Petsas of 25 euros per day for a VW polo from 1.10.08.... could anyone clarify the insurance offered for me pls? She has put ' full insurance ' on the e-mail, does this mean fully comp? I've read the t&c's on their site and am still confused. I'm new to all this and want to make sure we are fully covered.. any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Jackie :)
Has anyone used Hertz car hire from Larnaca Airport?

Does it include an additional driver i cant tell going by there site.

:que
Jamiec

This may be too late for you but we have hired through economycarrentals.com on Rhodes, Corfu and in Cyprus next february. We collect at the airport and return back to the airport so have the car all our holiday and don't have to worry about transfers.

Never found anyone cheaper and the cars have always been as described. Not always brand new but then my usual cars are both 15 and 16 years old so I don't have a problem with that.

Dave
i've just been quoted 252 euro's for 9 days in may with elephant rent a car.this is for a honda jazz or likewise. does this sound like a deal or any new recommendations.price is all inclusive.
cheers dan
Hi guys

I need some help/advice. We are going to the Coral Bay area in June/July this year and need a vehicle for a couple of days to get about and see some of the island, the trouble is there will be 2 adults and 5 kids!! I was thinking of something in the range of a 4x4 with 7 seats Shogun or Audi Q7 size. Do they do them there and can anyone reccommend a company which can help with my requirements.. I only need the vehicle for a few days and not looking for hire for the 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.
dasmith and bigdan - try economycarrentals.com for an online quote

We have paid 99€ for a Ford Focus in Cyprus in February for 7 days (airport collection - airport drop off). Economy are a booking agent - the actual vehicle is supplied by Hertz.

Dave
bigdan, I've used elephant rent a car for a number of years now and based on my previous experience of them, I think that your quote will be very competitive.
Cars are normally under 3 years old but are sometimes high milers. That said, I've never had a problem with any vehicle I've rented and they bend over backwards
to help you out. Company is owned by a very pleasant Cypriot couple. :tup
Hi we are staying in the Nissi Beach area for 14 nights in October and would be grateful of car hire recommendations. :sun2

Would prefer something along the lines of a Jeep / 4x4, with aircon and are travelling with our 5 year old daughter and bump to be, who should be around 7 months by then.

We holidayed in Rhodes last year and got a fantastic deal on a Suzuki Jimny 300 euros for the whole fortnight. :tup

Who would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Becs
  • Edited by David 2009-02-27 11:24:07
    Merged with Car Hire Q&As topic, which may provide you with some useful info while you wait for further feedback
If you check back on this thread, now that your post has beem merged with it, you'll find umpty-dozen rcommendations.

My favoured hire company is well documented here.
We're off to Paphos for a fortnight in August and are looking to hire a car for part of the time. We will need child seats for a 3 year-old and a 7 year-old and of course airconditioning. Most of the earlier posts on this thread recommended Petsas and Easy Rent but the more recent posts seem to be more varied. Are those still the best bets and, equally important, has anyone got any tips as to which companies to avoid? Any tips as to trips from Paphos would also be gratefully appreciated.
I've just been looking at this as well and think we're going to go with economycarrentals.com. We've used them in the past and they've been fine. Did enquire with Petsas as well and they were £50 dearer for the same class car!!
Kezzabelle

We booked a "Ford Focus Class" vehicle for 99€ with economycarrentals at the end of February and received a Renault Megane. The rep was waiting at the airport and saw us quickly through the paperwork and into the car. No issues - no hassle. Thr Cyprus roads however.....................

As I've said previously we have used them to book all over the Med and never had any problems.

Dave
I've been having a look at the Economy Rent a Car website and they do look competitive, but I'm confused, a Ford Focus group E is cheaper than a Ford Fiesta group C! Am I missing something? Also the drop-down boxes for entering children's ages for car seats only go up to 6 years but my daughter will be 7 (and 1.30m - she's a big girl for her age). Does anyone know the legal position re children in cars in cyprus?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.