Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We're off to the Aliathon in Paphos in a month's time. We got a good quote from George at Easy Rent a while ago as he seemed highly recommended and are now looking to book but there doesn't seem to have been much mention of that firm recently. Is it still a good bet?
We've used Pestas a number of years amongst others, generally speaking all the cars we've had haven't been over 2 years old, although the last one we had was a little worse for wear despite it only being 10 months old, a few dents etc. But clean enough inside and never once had a call to use the breakdown assistance with them
I've been using Petsas for around 6 years. The cars have always seemed fairly new, been in tip-top condition mechanically, clean inside and out with everything working.

Mark
Hi

Can anyone tell me if Petsas still opperates? I get an error when I click on the links :que

We have never been to Cyprus before, we are going on the 30th August to Pathos, can anyone help with getting a cheap hire car for one week, pick up and drop off at the airport, 4 adults { one 6ft 7ins and another 6ft 2ins so needs to be enough room} we also have a toddler with us so will need a baby/toddler seat. Any help would be really appreciated :cheers Hubby looked online the other night and prices were comming up at £300 plus :yikes

thank you
chazy
Thanks again to you both, Mark and Miss_Chief1 :tup

Will get and book now!
Petsas link that works.

They have an office at PaPHos/PaFos airport and an office in Kato PaPHos/PaFos but have no premises in PaTHos as there is no such place.

Mark
:rofl
PaTHos as there is no such place
. ooops lol

Thank you Mark, will try that link :)

chazy
Hi Mark {again lol}

Could you give me a little advise please? I was wondering, as we have never hired a car before, nor are we up on the latest models ect, what make/type of car would we be looking at?

There are 4 adults {driver is very tall so need leg room}
We also have a toddler so would need a seat fitted
and of course there will be plenty of luggage :yikes

Any help would be really appreciated, at least we can then tell the car hire company what size of car we are looking at.

thank you
Chazy
I'm 6'4" tall and we have had for the last 2 visits Toyota Corollas. Previous to that it was an Opel Astra and a Toyota Rav-4. Ample room for me in all.

Can't help with the rear seat legroom as I can't drive from the back seat. :wink:
Nor can I help with the child seat as they all look too small for me. :wink: :wink:
4 adults, 1 child with the associated luggage? You'll need something from either their Standard or Intermediate ranges. Corolla, Civic, Astra.

Mark
:D thank you Mark, will look into them, hubby beats your height by 3ins lol :)

chazy
I didn't need to worry about Easy Rent, George has got back to me, the prices are €2/day lower than originally quoted and he's even offered to send a driver to pick me up!
We are looking at car rental. Emailed Petsas as the other thread mentioned, they are coming out more expensive than Economy Car Rentals. I read Petsas have a 24 hr desk at Larnaca airport, but can anyone tell me what happens with Economy Car Rentals?

Is it a case of minibus shuttle into Larnaca? We will be in a party with 4 children altogether, and landing at half nine at night, so don't really look forward to detours to pick up a car. I wanted to get my head around it, we really wanted to book it today as time is ticking on.

Thanks
Hi Tracy

We used Economy Car Rentals back in April. However they are a broker and car rental gets done through a local company. The one that did our car was Autodirect which are based just off the motorway outside the airport, it was about a five minute drive. The minibus picks you up from the coach park at Larnaca.

The whole process was very smooth and although you have to drop your car there as well coming back as long as you make a note of which exit, it's easy to do. The process was simple and quick and we got a brand new Fiesta which was lovely.

It depends what you want and how well you know driving in Cyprus really!

If you want any more info, PM me.

Kerry
Thank you so much. So I guess it depends on which company they have got your cars from. I was thinking of just sending the men to sort out the cars, while the women and children sat in the airport with a nice drink. :cheers
Hi

Once again we used Petsas when we arrived in Paphos on 2nd June.

I have never been asked for a credit card from them in the 3 years I have been using them, it's not something I would be happy about as my son was ripped off with a firm in Protaras once he was back in the UK. Got it back for him after threatening to report them to the CTO !

In fact I paid in Sterling when we arrived. As to the fuel, it is much better to pay for the full tank and return it the same way when you then get your full deposit back, you have not lost out then.

Like Mark (who first put us on to Petsas), I would not go anywhere else as I know should I have any problems they will be taken care off.

Cheers,
Jinty
Well we have opted for Doros yet again after getting the best quote including child seat, petrol, CDW and 2nd driver for 3 days 28th Sept 9am until 30th Sept evening anytime. Emailed Platon, Petsas, Doros and another company I forget the name now and Doros worked out the cheapest which is quite good as we have used them a good few times now. They are going to pick us up from our hotel to take us to their office for the paperwork then we can be on our way. Getting excited now thats all sorted. :pele :hyper :fly :hols
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.