Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We asked if they would pick us up and take us to their office as we arrive in the early hours and wont have a chance to change money so hubby will change money at Platon while I sign for car.
Can anybody advise of a local company.

Thanks
Merged with existing topic.

Petsas have offices all over the island. There is some information on Page 1 of this topic.

luci :wave
Make sure you shop around on the net for car hire. We used to use Petsas every year several times a year but even with a discount for being a regular they don't seem to be very competitive these days. The prices can be beaten by lots of other companies. We wont be using them this year
Unfortunately we wont be going away this year as I will be due to give birth to my 2nd child in July but I agree with you Miss_Chief1 both times we went to Pernera last year we emailed loads of companies and yet again as per usual our best quote and service was from Doros next to Davidos pub.
Lindsay.
Hi,

Has anyone used Economy car rentals. Have got a good price form them out of Paphos for 1 week at the end of April and I'm trying to see if there is any catch? We don't usually hire a car so aren't sure if the included items below are standard or have anything major missing? Can any of you experienced car hirers please help? They include our toddlers car seat and second driver within the rate which is what seems to make it cheaper than everyone else.

Unlimited mileage
VAT
All local taxes
ASC: Airport Service Charge where applicable.
24 hours road service
Third party insurance
Theft insurance with NO excess
Fire Insurance with NO excess
One additional driver (if shown in the extras that it is free, during the booking procedure)
One Child/Baby seat (if shown in the extras that it is free, during the booking procedure)
Road Tax
FDW: Insurance with NO excess
PAI-Personal accident insurance for passengers
CDW: Collision damage waiver with NO excess
In case of damage to the rented car or theft of the rented car no excess will be taken as long as the below is followed.
You need to strictly follow the below instructions :

In case of accident, damage or theft:

* You have to immediately inform the nearest car rental station.
* In case of an accident with somebody else you have to contact the police and take a written report. In some countries you need to contact the police also for the smallest damage. When you pick up your rental car, please ask for this information!
* When you return the car you have also to make a damage report with the rental station.

Please see the Exceptions to an all inclusive insurance in the local terms and conditions.

Thanks!
Lisa
Sorry for delay in answering. Have used economy previously and they were all that they said. Came to meet us at airport, took us to rental office a couple of miles away filled in details and away. Have booked with them again, or rather direct with the actual hirer in Cyprus this time as economy are only the agents. Also got a reduction on price as a previous user. The only thing to be aware of was that they charged us 20 euro for a half tank of petrol (to be returned empty) when I could only get about 30 worth euros into an almost empty tank. If you are staying anywhere in the Paphos area just be aware that there are major roadworks going on all over and there is a rash of punctures and car damage claims ongoing at the moment. Just check with your hirer what the situation is regarding your cover.
Thanks for taking the time to answer - much appreciated.

As we are arriving quite late at night we've paid the bit extra to go with Avis. We had a discount with them so it only worked about about £20 more than Economy, and means we know we'll be sorting everything out at the airport rather than adding an extra leg by going to their office.

Thanks for the heads up about the roadworks - should be interesting!

Lisa
Was just looking at the above avis as want a car at the airport for ease, but avis is no good for me, "Drivers must have a full clean driver's license for a minimum of 12 Months at the time of rental."

Was only £119 for a week too :cry

What other companies have there cars and office at the airport?

Used economy before, and allthough not too much grief, just seeing if for around the same cost i can pick a car up from the airport
I was about to ask the same question because we've had to cancel our flight and car booking, and now avis are quite alot more........does anyone know if Holidays Autos allow you to actually take the car from the airport, or do you get transferred somewhere? We are arriving about 9pm.

Thanks
Lisa
Hi
We are off to Cyprus in mid August.
I have just read through this topic and have emailed Petsas - will let you know how I get on.
Irene
right in the New larnaca airport as of June 2010 you have these 7 desks in arivals

Thames
Avis
Hertz
Petsas
Sixt
eurocar
Astra

We went with Avis, got a chevrolet sparks, for 7 days, booked in the UK paid £119, then on return of the car had to pay 68euros for fuel and tax??? so around £180 for the week!

economycarrentals wanted £110 for there smallest car for the week, but off airport, no extra charges other then you return in full of petrol, with probably used less than 15e's worth.
Have booked with Economy Car Hire - hope all okay.
We have to take shuttle bus from airport to their office.
Irene
Irene wrote:
Have booked with Economy Car Hire

What car, how much, and what were you quoted elsewhere? Just as a guide for others.
Hi
Have booked Nissan Note or similar for 351 euros for 2 weeks all inclusive.
Lots of prices similar or a lot more (recommended so went with Econonmy).
Will report back.
Irene
Hi, We are almost off on our holidays to pernera/protaras and wanted to rent a car for the time we are there from LCA airport. Anyone come about some fantastic offers or have a suggestion for a good company? I have looked at the usual international suspects for an economy/compact with AC car -Does anyone have great experience with any cheaper local companies? A no fuss rental service is appreciated. We always rent with europcar (they never bother us - just pick up/drop off!) but this time they are soo expensive! :que
Thanks!
Hi

Elephant rent a car used to be a favourite and there was another one but the name escapes me...

We too used to use Europcar but found Sixt were better. Their desk is at the airport.

But as a suggestion, have you checked out the Cyprus Eastern forum? They may be able to give you some pointers as the forum is particularly for the area you will be visiting. This is the link to the Car Hire part of the forum: http://www.easterncyprus.com/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=f128c5ed1f6ccb63f40fa659bfd52b6b

You can probably get some info from there but if I recall, the links are blocked unless you register.

CwB
Limassol, Cyprus
Just google Oasis car rental. Based in Larnaca and will meet at Airport etc. We have apartment over there and have used many times.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.