France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
You may find some ideas HERE.

Pippy :D
Ibis are reasonable and quite a few in Paris prices vary weekdays to weekends and Hotel to Hotel we have stayed in one in near Longchamp (racecourse) which is at Pont Suresnes and also the one at Versailles as we didn't want to be in the centre
alexfan,

try lastminute and expedia for hotels. have booked with both and managed to get hotel for £30-£35 per night. with lastminute, i stayed up near bastille and with expedia, i was on blvd haussmann. sorry i can't remember the names. the expedia one was a bargain as i managed to get a hotel in october and it was during fashion week!
We have had the Flor Rivoli recommended to us for our trip in November. It's near the Louvre and close to a metro stop for getting about.
A double room is 85E per night RO.
http://www.hotel-paris-florrivoli.com
We liked the area of Place de Clichy, it had plenty of shops, good irish pubs and places to eat. It was also only 15 minute walk into Paris or a couple of Metro stops. We stayed in a budget Comfort Hotel Montmartre just off the Boulevard des Batignolles. It was small but very clean, there was plenty to eat at breakfast and the staff were very friendly.
Buy a Paris Visite for unlimited travel on bus, train and some boats. We got ours at the airport and used it straight away to get into Paris, please beware of pickpockets on the metros - there are many - you have to have eyes in the back of your head.
Try the Ibis and Timotel chains.
Hello, I have stayed at the Hotel Des Mines in Paris last August. It was 60 euros a night, had air conditioning, nice english speaking staff, clean rooms( but small) and was very very well located. 15 minutes form the Lourve, 10 minutes form Notre Dame, 5 minutes form the Cluny. a grocers next door, a metro steps away.
The hotel has their own web site, I booked by email, they were prompt in responding to me( in english) .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.