Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
chris600uk

Hi ... just re-read my post .. it comes across as fairly aggressive .... which wasn't my intention at all ...

Anyway I would suggest that you do the following

1. Tell them what you are going to talk about - holiday in Lapland,
2. Tell them what the issues were - bullet points with quotes from brochure & costings if available,
3. tell them what you want (compensation, etc)
4. Sum up your disappointment & state what you expect to happen next.

Be polite - don't slack off company - it will get you nowhere.

So apologies for the tone of my last email.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Thanks for your input, don't you worry about the "tone", I prefer straight talking.
And to be fair that's how I give answers.
Occasionally there are people who are offended, but that's usually because they haven't grasped the reality of their situation and what I have to say comes as a douche of ice cold water.

We were angry when we wrote the first letter, even though we tried to be balanced and emotionless it was impossible not to rant and criticize Inghams.

When their reply came, they got a point by point reply from us.

When their even more fatuous reply came, they got a final reply from us with, to be fair to us by this point, some bullet points.

But now, as you've rightly pointed out, the time for letter ping pong is over.

Chris.
Chris ...

Ah ... thought you had only just sent that 1st letter ... as others have said ... I would contact Ros.

No more letter exchange ... see what Ros says.

Mark
People seem to be under the impression that when writing a letter of complaint then it needs to be detailed and contain every piece of information and evidence.

When this topic was first posted SMa said "I would strongly urge you NOT to send a complaint letter that is 8 pages long." and was correct - They also said "You'll get a better response if you list the problems as a series of brief, concise bullet points,"

No offence but your posting goes into far to much detail. Having read it through several times there are points that I consider could possibly be worthy of some form of recompense. Some of what you have said may be important when looking at the overall picture, but they have diverted attention away from the real problems. The person who has read and responded has missed these because of the detail. They have been treated to a review rather than a complaint.

Simple rule with any complaint is never fire off all your ammunition at once.

Good luck with Ros.

fwh
Thanks,

You aren't wrong!

Looking back we were too angry to do it any other way, and in some respects it helped to put the whole thing into some sort of perspective.

Anyway, I've been in contact with Ros's office and they are sending a letter out with a list of the things they want.

Chris.
RF no longer represents us. A pity, because she agreed we have a good case for compensation on a number of points.

We made the mistake of pointing out where she had clearly misread the documents we sent her, and received all the papers by return with a covering letter that I won't comment on.

I know there are people on this forum who think a lot of RF, and I'm quite sure they have good reason to, I've no doubt she is a very competent lawyer.

I don't think a lot of her because my experience of her has been very negative indeed.

I don't feel angry about it, although I probably should.

Thank you to everyone who has been supportive, all your comments have been very helpful.

I hope mine have been as helpful. :)

P.S.
Unfortunately none of the people we (and people we know) have used and would highly recommend, specialize in holidays, so I'm still in the market for a good holiday solicitor, and if anyone has any names and numbers, I'll be very grateful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.