Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi there

I can recommend Dominiki, i must confess i had a snoop of these apartments whilst staying at the LIVAS hotel and Apartments.

The area is Pernera just outside of Protaras. You can walk about 30 mins slow, 20 mins fast into protaras, or a cab ride, dirt cheap, or the bus for 55 cents (unless its gone up). You have fabulous views of the sea as it is on your door step, the pool is cleaned every day and the hosts are fabulous. The pool isnt over crowded by children, and even the sun-beds are hosed down. From the pool you are over looking Pernera Bay, with its turquoise sea. The area is surrounded by little cute restaurants, and a really good supermarket opposite the LIVAS next door on the corner. The restaurants/shops in pernera are a lot cheaper than Protaras and napa purely because it is like a smaller village location. Eating out is plentiful, food cooked fresh, and the steak houses, and my favourite the "fresh house" restaurant where i know the owners is beautifully clean.There are several bars in and out, several lively namely two, but they are up the hill. You are right on the beach. People are very friendly and visiting restaurants they speak to you and remember you next time for your visit.
Pernera is quieter than Protaras, not so much Elvis and Robbie Williams :D
Wherever you decide, it will be magical :wink:
I'm not nit picking Derwentrocker but last year the bus from Pernera to Protaras was 70 cents.

15 cents doesn't make much of a difference though when it's that cheap. :D
:D Blimey 15c does add up over a fortnight :lol:

I did say it may have gone up :shock:I didnt use the bus very often, it was stomach churning :?
I never used the bus, I was going to once last year but a taxi turned up at the bus stop by Windmills and asked if anyone was going to Protaras and five of us jumped in so it cost us about 90c each so I didnt complain.

They do look dodgy though, especially the little green one.

I've never worked them out, they never work to a timetable and they all look different.

The most regular one I noticed from my balcony overlooking Windmills and the main road was the Flintstones one.

I may one day suss out the buses but to be honest I doubt the Cypriots do.
went to evelena last year for a week in sept and the location was great in fact i have just booked my mam and dad up for a fortnight in june for £713 with olympic holidays they are both 55. it is right on the beach the staff were friendly but never bothered us. it was a 10 min walk to fig tree bay which is great for snorkelling around the little island the fish were amazing. the restaurants at the top of fig tree bay are amazing try the local cuisine the afelia was gorgeous but the english breakfast was just as nice if you aren't adventurous. plenty of restaurants and pubs to choose from. we loved it and would definately recommend it
forgot to say it is in a very quiet location as it is at the bottom of the road which leads to protaras
went to evelena last year for a week in sept and the location was great in fact i have just booked my mam and dad up for a fortnight in june for £713 with olympic holidays they are both 55. it is right on the beach the staff were friendly but never bothered us. it was a 10 min walk to fig tree bay which is great for snorkelling around the little island the fish were amazing. the restaurants at the top of fig tree bay are amazing try the local cuisine the afelia was gorgeous but the english breakfast was just as nice if you aren't adventurous. plenty of restaurants and pubs to choose from. we loved it and would definately recommend it
Hi Lordy,

Guess you liked the Evelena then? (You on commission from Olympic?)

:lol:

Cheers,
Janet
i wish i was. i just found their web site two weeks ago and couldnt believe how cheap it was as we had already booked through libra and could only get pernera(toxotis) hopefully we will enjoy it as it has good reviews and its only a short walk in to protaras
cant wait only two months to go

lindsay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.