Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
CORFU IN MAY
17 Posts
Me and 12 of my mates went 2 kavos last summer. even tho we had a good time, we wouldn't go back not alot around the town so there wasn't much 2 do in the day, nightlife was good but very intense. where going 2 malia this summer its being recommended by everyone we've asked
We have lived here for 5yrs and this is just the place for you .There is no wild night life - the Bars are right for our age group ( late 50`s ). The days can be spent relaxing the around the village, or there is a good bus service as well as several car hires. We offer a cottage 1 min from the long sandy beach and 5 min stroll from the bars and numerous restaurants. There are many walks to the nieghbouring villages and through the olive groves. May prices are 150pnds for 2people per week in a one or two bedroom cottage.

check xcellairways.com & a1travel.com for cheapest flights

**Please do not advertise in the main forum - check out the following link Kath HT Admin**
Sue, Roda seems like a good place for you. It's a small village, on the flat with a reasonable amount of restaurants and bars. Some of the bars are fairly lively and some are just for sitting in and having a chat. It's a friendly place and appeals to all ages for those who just want to relax and have a happy time. You can get a bus down to Kassiopi and to Corfu Town and Sidari is within a cheap taxi ride. You would be able to walk along the beach side to Acharavi.

The beach is clean and the water shallow and clean.

It can still be a little chilly in the evenings in May and last year they had horrendous rain for five solid days. It was the first time we had seen rain in Corfu in either May or October despite five consecutive years on the Island. May is a lovely month though because of the flora in full bloom. Very pretty.
roda is a lovely place to relax and chill
Rosie
Then there is the most preferred little fishing village: Kassiopi. It has excellent restaurants, wonderfully crystal clear waters. You can go on boat trips, rent personal boats to explore the sorounding areas, hiking, or just chilling out in one of the waterfront coffee shops looking at the boats coming in and out of the little harbour. You cannot go wrong. The NE part of corfu is the most exclusive and most desirable.
Best Regards and Good luck
KASSIOPI_FAN
personally i think you will be better going to sidari as there is something for everyone there and its not too lively and not too quiet and at the time of year you want to go its not going to be in your face anyway. in sidari uv got the main centre but then theres also side streets with greek tavernas on and restaurants. its also quite close to roda aswell. i think you should choose some accommodation near the canal d'amour area as its very nice there. if you dont like the looks of sidari i think kassiopi will be the next best resort to match your holiday requirements.i think it would be worth getting an olympic brochure as i think that brochure is the best at resort descritions, try not to listen to everything people say on here because remember everyone likes different things!!!!
REMINDER

To avoid having any of your messages removed, please check out our Terms & Conditions regarding the use of bold or coloured fonts, and phone text message style abbreviations, etc

Many thanks
David :wave
The north of Corfu definitely fits the bill, Scenically its beautiful. May is a wonderful time of year for walking as the wild flowers are out, everywhere is till green and in the evenings the olive groves turn into a fairyland with firefies little twinkling lights. Its a lovely time of year staying light late too.
Both ROda and Acharavi are well situated having a public bus service to Corfu town through the mountains, and are in the middle of the route from Sidari to Kassiopi so exploring is easy. They are also good for walkers as there are some lovely walks along the coast and hinterland. Have a look at the walks on Castaway Travel's walks.
Acharavi itself has an excellent choice of accommodation, Travel with Friends and many bars and tavernas. Acharavi is now a large village with an all year round Greek community so is likely to have more atmosphere in May when things are quiet. It is true that of latter years the weather has been more unpredictable in May, so it is wise to bring thin layers of clothes which you can take off as the day warms up, a sweater for eveings and a waterproof for the possibility of odd late spring shower.
I am sure you will have a good time wherever you choose, Corfu is a great place for a holiday.
Hi, I would recommend going to Roda for your holiday. It is quiet, peaceful with no rowdy 18-30's. You have a beach that seems to go on forever which is pleasantly warm. We have been in May and September and both times have been very warm. There are pubs that stay open until midnight and some until 1am. We have no children ourselves and it is perfect and it suits us. It is a nice place to chill and full of really nice people and the nearest town is only 10 minutes away if you walk. I think you will like it.
hi lincolnsue,
my boyfriend and I went to Sidari last May,as travel advisor says,there is something for everyone.There are many bars and restaurants to choose from,mainly full of couples and families.We didnt find it too rowdy,maybe because the the time of year.The canal d'amour end of Sidari is quite nice and is quieter than the main area.Although there is a small bridge over the canal you cross to get there,which can be a little smelly,but we didnt find it too bad at that time of year.There are many travel shops in Sidari,where you can book day trips if you want a change of scenery(these are cheaper than booking from your rep)It wasnt too crowded either,again maybe because of the time of year.We did find it to be a little chilly at night and would advise a thin jacket.
We had our first swim of the summer today -soooooooo refreshing.

san stefanos n.w is the place for leasurely walks . the beach is about 1 1/2 miles long and there are loads of walks to nearby villages as well as the local bus service to other resorts no not a thin jacket a warm woolie is best for the chilly evenings .
Hi lincolnsue, personally I would not recommend Sidari, we are also elders stayed there last year, we were not at the canal d'amour end so really cannot comment on there, Yes there is something for every age group, thought it lacked the Greek atmospher but as you've never done a Greek Island before this is something which won't bother you, did not find many Greek restaurants apart from Salt and Pepper which was excellent.
most of the other bars and eating places had wide screen TV, showing Coronation Street, Eastenders, Emmerdale, and football every night, there was also a McDonalds if you like that sort of thing, The local bus service was limited to Corfu Town and Kassioppi,
Believe San Stephano is very good, also Roda, which we visited many years ago and really enjoyed, but Sidari was also great then.
Hope you manage to find the right resort for yourselves, Yes May is a lovely month to visit GReece.
pojo
Yes Sidari has something for everyone but it lacks the greek atmosphere. San Stefanos has kept the tradition in many ways . It is run by mostly local people who are all relatated cousins etc. It`s a nice village with nice people and if you walk a bit you will find the true greek style and you will always be made welcome. The local people very interesting people .
Yes Sidari has something for everyone but it lacks the greek atmosphere. San Stefanos has kept the tradition in many ways . It is run by mostly local people who are all relatated cousins etc. It`s a nice village with nice people and if you walk a bit you will find the true greek style and you will always be made welcome. The local people very interesting people .
Well its been 70 odd degrees the last fewdays, my daughter swims daily. The fireflies have made the olive groves their annual fairyland and the flowers are a picture. The beautiful mauve Judas trees have just gone over as is traditional. They are always in flowers for Greek Easter, traditionally the tree in which Judas handed himself, it doesnt matter how early or late the feat is, they always manage to flower at the right time! I cant imagine a better time to see Corfu, perfect for seeing some of the real Greece while the land and the people are fresh from their winter hibernation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.