EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Gary

We bought our apt 18 months ago.

Most estate agents tell you to allow approx 8 to 10 % on top of the sale price for tax and legal fees. I found this to be correct, we were approx 8.5% on top of our agreed purchase price.

Community fees vary, ours include water charges and average around 70 to 80 euro per month.

Town hall and wealth tax was approx 400 euro for the year

Elec is approx 45 euro per quarter when the apt is occupied.
There is normally a section inside "The Paper" that cives a basic guide to buying in Tenerife.

Good luck in your search. I am sure you will find loads of info searching the HT forums.
Dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Lawson 8)
.......yes, we were the same; spent a few years considering and researching, and spending a lot of time looking at this forum, before finally buying a property last year.
Two other things to bear in mind are the cost of a Spanish will, and the fees of a Fiscal Representative to ensure that your tax obligations are dealt with properly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.