Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
How absolutely awful for you, I'm sure you have got steam coming out of your ears at how your mum has been treated. I hope that someone on this forum can give you some good advice, and if nothing else, by posting on this forum you have saved other people from going through this nightmare. I can't see any excuse Deckchair.com could give for this one.

Best regards
smellycat
Why not use a reputable company or indeed an old fashioned high street
travel agent who would not have put ypur mother through this hassle
but then again when you go cheap don't expect anything else !!

Sometimes cost is not everything...
Little late in the day but speak to your local Trading Standards - You could also look at Safe & Sound at the top of the page which may help.

fwh

Plenty of people book online and have no problem, I don't think the situation arose out of the members choice.

I think you have an attitude problem!!
Hey, I think the point of the forum is for people to share views and everbody is entitled to make an opinion.

Sadly for Musicman things went wrong and I am glad he shared his views as we need to be able to seperate the good companies from the bad and he took the time and trouble to explain what happened. That way we can learn from his unfortunate experience and make our own judgements.

I dont agree with you get what you pay for as you pay a lot more for a holiday in peak times, and I think it reasonable to stop companies trying to squeeze every hard earned penny out of you and look for people who can offer good value, but at the same time would expect to pay a fair price. There is nothing worse than someone being on the same holiday havin paid a lot less than you.

Anyway it is up to Deckchair.com to put this right. and then maybe they will be seen in a better light. However I can understand one mistake, but it would be really interesting to know why it took so long and and a hefty increase before they supplied what they offered at first. How many times have I seen an advert only to be told, sorry it has has gone, however there is this one (but more expensive).

Good luck music man if you pursue it futher but i hope you will kindly let us know the outcome.
Quote:

Plenty of people book online and have no problem, I don't think the situation arose out of the members choice.

I think you have an attitude problem!!

I'm sorry but I agree with GoingPlacesGirl.
There was no need for that comment. Music man was feeling bad enough without that comment being posted. I feel that was very nasty and insensitive.
Musicman I hope that your Mum is ok now.
I have booked a few times online and never had any probs]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.