Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Is it just my imagination or are certain words not being recognized on this forum?

Had problems with my post trying to type scam (s c a m ) and con-trick (c o n - trick).

Only working with space between them :?

What's happening? :shock:
So to sum up the knowledge of those of us who used Punta Cana:

Don't bother about the form until you get to the DR.

Go straight to passport control and hand over the 10$ - keep the form he gives you safe.

On the return don't bother to fill it in but hand over the 20$ or 600 DR pesos and make sure it is stamped. You can get the cash from the ATM in the airport. Later hand the stamped form in as requested.

Keep a pen handy just in case they read this thread.
The exit visa at Puerto Plata is paid for in the departure lounge - not the check-in desk. They stamp your boarding card. This needs to be done before boarding / flight called.

p.s. - the reason we get tourist cards ahead of time (and pay a little over the odds) is 'cos I don't like standing in queues in the heat. At POP the airconditioning starts after immigration control.
Hi Del

Had problems with my post trying to type ???? (s c a m ) and ????-trick (c o n - trick).

This is to avoid possible legal problems where companies/individuals are accused of the above :wink:
We sent off for our tourist cards for the dom republic we paid for 2 yet received 4 in return.
Can anyone tell us if this is correct or a mistake on the embassy's part?

Thanks in advance
It is a mistake, you only need 2 - take them with you and sell them to someone on the plane and you have got in for free!
Great that was the plan either on the plane or via ebay lol The girlfriend sent off 2 envelopes with a s.a.e for each of us (2) yet in one there was 3 and the other was one! No complaints here then!!! We upgraded to premium seats flying with britannia at least weve got a chance of getting some money back for something

Cheers for the help
Hi when and where are you going to the carrabean we go sunday 2nd october also booked premium seats have you had premium before as any info about them gratefull eg amount of drinks choice of food ect cheers
Sorry this is our first to dom republic and leaving 4 th November 05 we only wanted the premium seats for the comfort side of things legrrom etc. the unlimited drinks is a bonus just be nice to relax
For further discussion/information regarding Britannia, please use THIS TOPIC

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
Tourist Cards are only US$10 on arrival rather than the GB£10 you pay from the London embassy so don't expect too much .

Don't forget there's an exit visa to pay for at the airport on the way back, too
Can someone shade light on how you go about getting a tourist visa card for the Dominican Republic? Is it worth getting here before you leave, does its save time & less hassle?

Thanks
Dave
I have been to DR quite a few times and have always just got my tourist card at the airport. Its relatively straightfoward and doesnt take long. Remember even if you get one before you go and get through customs in 5 mins , if you are on a package you will still have to wait for everyone else to come through before your coach leaves...

pat
I've either been given the card on the flight to fill in or you get it at the airport. It's no problem either way and doesn't take more than 5 mins to fill in and I've never had to wait or queue for long either.
sam
when we arrived there were 2 flights landed at the same time. Take my advice and get them filled out and get through control and get some air as there is no air conditioning in the airport apart from the vip lounge on departure side. We sent off for ours and got 2 extra than we asked for definately worth doing before in my opinion
You only need to know some basic info name home address hotel where your staying etc was difficult for us as we were allocation on arrival so we wrote all 3 down lol no one said nothing they are just happy for the money
Many thanks for your replies!

I have sent off for the tourist cards so fingers crossed they arrive on time as we leave 2 weeks today and I sent the details and money to the Embassy on Monday.

I'm not too worried about waiting for the bags and that. I just want it to be as stress free as possible especially after a 10 hour flight and get into the air conditioning! :D
Just want to say how great the service was from the Dominican Republic Embassy. I sent away for the tourist cards on Monday and promptly received them on the Wednesday. Very impressed! Roll on a week Wednesday!

Iberostar Costa Dorada here we come!!! :P
We were given ours during the flight which gave us plenty of time to fill them out before landing, but it doesn't get you through the queue any quicker.

PaulaS
As I said above I know it won't make it much quicker but it will be a little bit less hassle on the day of travelling! 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.