Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
You are a star Neil. I'm sure many travellers will be glad to know this information. Like a lot of regular visitors I've always got some dinars to start me off, but first-timers, as well as those who believe the advice that you can't take dinars out of the country, are always asking about ATMs on arrival.
When you say 'believe the advice'........

My mum and auntie went to PEK and got searched for dinar when they went through security to come home at the end of the week,they have about 40 odd on them and got it taken off them, they didn't even know it was a closed currency, they were more angry at the attitude of the tunisians than at losing what was only about £15, but it shows it's not just rumours, although it might be done at random rather than to everyone.

Off topic but me and my GF are STILL debating whether or not to book for PEK on june 24th, what's now putting us off is the reports of everywhere being 50% or so down on numbers and the huge amount of Libyan families now swamping places.

:think
Your mum and aunt were unlucky and I can assure you the money went straight into the pocket of the person who seached them rather than back into government coffers. :roll: Dinars are even accepted at the cafes airside at Monastir and Tunis.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.