Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Its really hard to find your short post on the link you provided so I will answer it here.

It is no secret who owns Eujet and Manston Airport. It is a company called Planestation, used to be called Wiggins.

Many directors have come and gone.

Their share price has gone from a £1 to 12 and a half pence in the last few months, and was historically a lot higher even than that a year or two ago.

Planestations shares are mostly now owned by very large insurance companies like AVIVA and PRUDENTIAL, with some other investment funds holding large slices. Smaller shareholders have mostly pulled out after suffering huge losses in their investments. Sentiment amongst those who see clearly is that the company will fail. They do own some freehold land which is potentially worth quite a bundle but seem to be running out of time doing anything profitable with it.

The original poster Mrs R Thorpe seems to have jumped in at the deep end with a large number of tickets purchased. I agree that EUJET is a :swear airline, but the tickets were CHEAP! And she did no research before buying all those tickets so maybe has only herself to blame.

The planes themselves are fast and comfortable and generally reliable, most problems have been caused by Fog or Snow at Manston, or by EUJET cancelling flights due to not selling enough seats.

For anyone on a small island like Majorca who maybe also has a home or family in UK in the South East then these flights are great value as delays should not be so crucial as if the flights were used as part of a holiday with rented accomodation and car etc.
As I live closeby to Manston I use EUJET nearly every week and cancellations and delays are very annoying, frequent and badly handled by the EUJET staff - if they can be found at all.

Mrs Thorpe has posted elsewhere but needs to go into more detail if her opinions are to be valued by wouldbe travellers.

Mrs Thorpe - please let us know the details of your court case you mention elswehere as others of us locally are contemplating similar action as we are faced with a refusal to answer complaints by EUJET.
It would be useful to know how far you had to go before you got some compensatuion from EUJET.

If anyone wants to find out a bit more about EUJET and Planestation then visit http://www.ADVFN.com full of good info.

*Edit Potential libellous comments removed - Glynis*
Nice posting "justplanecrazy".

As an actual small shareholder of 6 years standing, whos shares are now worth just £18.38 - I sadly have to agree that time may well be limited for the business.
To whom it may concern

I am seriously concerned with regard to the safety of the low-cost airline EUJET based in Manston, Kent, UK.

This communique distributed throughout the internet and news media services serves to warn those in authority and passengers alike to the potential dangers of this airline operation.

I originally booked 30 flights and used 12 of them and not one of these flights was on time in fact all of the flights were at least 5 hours or more delayed.

In one case we circled the airport at Manston a number of times while they tried to free the undercarriage . Fire engines and emergency vehicles greeted our eventual return.

We then were herded on to another flight to Spain and after 8 hours and via Murcia we eventually arrived in Palma de Mallorca.

I could write pages and pages on each facet of this airline and so could many hundreds of other passengers.

I would welcome any comments at the FORUM found at http://www.thedailymajorca.com entitled EUJET.

Please write and tell your story in order to establish the overall chaos caused by this airline.

LIGHTNING DOES STRIKE TWICE

My greatest fear is based upon the last two separate flights, one to Palma and one to Faro, in each case the plane circled the airport and had to make an emergency landing.

With over 40 years of flying experience I have never encountered this once, that alone twice in one month on the same airline.

The strange thing is in the most recent case [ 30th April 2005 ]the aircraft had other pre-flight problems and EUJET removed an altimeter from another aircraft to use on this flight just before take off , and when we finally came back to the airport because of faulty undercarriage, they then used the other aircraft that they had removed the altimeter from to complete the journey.

Stranded/Abandon customers across Europe, flights being cancelled, no support staff at any of their destinations, 10 hour + delays....

Regards
Mr Mark Townsend

*Edit libellous comments removed. - Glynis*
That is tantamount to slander. If any airline is operating unsafely then the CAA would remove their licence immediately.

The majority of airlines fly with minor technical faults, and if you look at the undercarriage of any airlines aircraft you will find a plethora of repairs and duct tape!

If you feel so strongly then report them to the CAA.
I hardly consider failing to lower the undercarriage as a "minor fault", and it's slander only if the information printed above is incorrect. I am interested where your information comes from regarding the plethora of duct tape apparently resident on all aircraft from all airlines. Nothing wrong with repairs though - it's the lack of them that causes the problems.

Reporting them to the CAA seems like good advice though.
Ive worked as cabin crew and also on the ground for years, and its no secret that planes are full of tape amongst those of in the industry!

Its not a risk, just normal. The pax seem to think that every aircraft is brand new and everything is run to the letter, but thats the way it should be really, pax dont need to or probably dont want to know everything.
Well, like you I am also fairly well travelled through my work but I have never seen an undercarriage, or that much duct tape anywhere on any aircraft. In any case, we are talking about a landing gear failing to lower, twice! Good luck fixing that with your ducting tape.

Oh, and in the world of supply and demand (i.e. sales). Perception is reality! Doesn't matter what you think, or even what you know. All that matters is what customers believe. At least if you are going to try and coax money out of them in a highly competitive market.

But I'm sure you already know that too :)
I have had to edit 2 posts containing libellous comments within this thread. Any future posts containing such comments will be deleted.
i am sorry you feel this way-we have done about 20 trips with eujet since they started-one was delayed by an hour,and we were informed;one had the flight time changed(they phoned us on our mobile to tell us),and all our other flights took off on time and landed early.we feel we are exceptionally lucky to have this on our doorstep,and would personally recommend it to anybody :wink:

glynis-thankyou for vigilance as per usual.living in the area of eujet,there are a lot of derampers around,and whilst i am in no way suggesting that some of the above comments are meant to mislead,it is as well for people to be aware of the legal implications of what they post
by the way LJR and fallen angel: slander is for spoken words
libel is for written words
Have never had a problem with EUjet out of Manston. In fact the opposite they have always been on time and no problems. The only thing that happened was that I was due to fly to Budapest in August and they e-mailed me to say that the landing charges at that airport had gone of 300% and thus they were cancelling all flights out of Manston to Budapest. Other than that found them OK. Anyone else have Budapest cancelled by the way????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.