Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Feedback Please
179 Posts
Vanlaywan
Anything you'd like more of or even less of?

hi VAN
is it not possible to get rid of the MODERATORS :) (no! not get rid off you all just the false posts :rofl ) when it shows a new post you go into it and all it is, is the MODS...NOT A NEW POST

thanks van
If you use the "view new posts" function on the top right hand corner you will not see these marker topics:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/search.php?search_id=newposts

Hope that helps.

Mark :)
hi MARK
what I do is go straight into "discussions forums" then look down at whatever then click on, that's how I get them as I find "view new posts" got a lot in it I'm not bothered about :) :)

thanks MARK
Hi- glad to see you have got the site up and running again, and it's running really well for me.
My request is a very minor one, being a conventional soul I tend to read from top to bottom! Could we have a "mark forums read" button at the bottom of the page as well as the top, to save the effort (!) of having to scroll back up?
kate
Glad to see the site all back to normal. I have nothing but praise for the pleasure I get out of the forum, I enjoy the balance of reading of new holidays to go on, the knowledge members are willing to share, and allso feeling very sorry when things are planned and still go very wrong. To me there is not alot I could suggest to change that would improve it, maybe if some members could follow up when help has been given or suggestions made.
The forum has returned to normal speed and I am very glad to see it back and for the moment reliable!! I wouldn't change anything, but would be glad if members asking for help with problems would keep us up to date on how the problem was eventually resolved ... or not!

Thank you to all mods and admin - and programmers! - for all their time, personal involvement and sheer hard work. I appreciate a forum of this quality. THANKS.
Hi,, don't see any problems - excellent forum!! Thanks to all concerned!! Jenny x
All running fine :wave:

Pos changes
I would like to be able to post direct links to holiday related videos i.e. on You tube, and post the site name correctly
I thought it was my computer over the past couple of weeks. Everything is back to normal, and operating fine. You do a great job maintaining this site...thanks to all the moderators involved.
Speed seems fine to me now, so thanks.

Can't think of any improvements really at the moment that the Mods can make. Just a general observation on threads really - people don't agree all the time about everything, thats absolutely fine, but I do think getting heated or even worse getting personal which is what has happended to some threads on the more popular destinations is not necessary - everyone has a right to their own opinion and sometimes having full blown rows on HT can put people off the threads/topics and is not a great image for new people either.

Just a thought :que
I'll try and cover everything before this post in one post...

Ray,
I do appreciate the issues regarding the topic markers. Until such time as there is the ability for mods to know who has read what topics it's going to have to remain. these topics provide a reference point for all the mods and admins and unfortunately we need them to keep the workload of the mods and admins to a reasonable level. If and when there is an alternative we will implement it. We have managed to remove the posts from "View new posts" but we are unable to make them invisible to members in each forum. I'll keep you advised if that changes.

Kate
Could we have a "mark forums read" button at the bottom of the page as well as the top, to save the effort (!) of having to scroll back up?

Hopefully we'll be able to look at this at the weekend and your wish may come true. It is possible and should be done for you.

Shrimper
To me there is not alot I could suggest to change that would improve it, maybe if some members could follow up when help has been given or suggestions made.

Your feelings on this matter are felt by many members. Manners cost nothing but unfortunately we can't force people to offer their thanks...I think we just have to take it as read that they are appreciative of our efforts to help them.

Alsacienne
I wouldn't change anything, but would be glad if members asking for help with problems would keep us up to date on how the problem was eventually resolved ... or not!

Same as shrimpers response I'm afraid...we do understand though. Many thanks for you kind words

JennyFrank
Many thanks for your kind words ;)

Nickmacuk
I would like to be able to post direct links to holiday related videos i.e. on You tube, and post the site name correctly

At the moment this isn't possible due to the mods and admins not having the time to check all videos posted etc...however, I do have plans in the pipeline to cover this. I'll keep you posted.

Hamrag,
Thanks for your kind words.

Miss Pink
people don't agree all the time about everything, thats absolutely fine, but I do think getting heated or even worse getting personal which is what has happened to some threads on the more popular destinations is not necessary - everyone has a right to their own opinion and sometimes having full blown rows on HT can put people off the threads/topics and is not a great image for new people either.

We do have policies in place to deal with these situations. We hope members will respect each others opinion and consider what they are posting before hitting the submit button. we prefer to remove posts and give the poster due notice rather than taking it any further. Nobody wants to ban anybody but sometimes we have to. We're all adults and should be able to behave in that manner.

Regards

Van
Thanks Van, by and large that seems to be the case - thanks to the Mods for their efforts and hard work and glad that HT is back to being fully operational again.
No probs Miss Pink :tup

One further point. The email server has been offline for a few days whilst we tweaked to get the servers sorted. This has been reinstated today.

Apologies to anyone that didn't receive new post notifications etc... You should be receiving everything correctly now.

Regards

Van
Speed fine,no complaints at all,but....(there's always a but isn't there!!),i often wonder if a poster with a nuetral name is male or female,how about M or F after users name? :cheers Paula
I would like to join the others in thanking the mods and admin for their efforts. Their work is much appreciated and we have had both useful information and quite a lot of enjoyment from this site. Long may it continue.

I find the layout clear and easy to use. Changes? I hope not. I'm nearly getting used to it after four years.
all seems ok for me now, if anything it seems a bit faster.
only thing i would like to see is when i click on
COSTA BRAVA HOTEL REVIEWS: click here to read or add one
i would like it to go straight to the reviews of the costa brava hotels rather than have to click through another couple of pages
No problems with the site, easy to navigate round as opposed to other sites.
i often wonder if a poster with a nuetral name is male or female,how about M or F after users name?

I second that! It shouldn't make a difference, and usually doesn't, but just sometimes I reply to someone thinking they're female and then feel slightly embarrassed when I find out they're male! ;) :oops:

Wholeheartedly agree that this is the easiest site to navigate around. The layout is clear and the best feature is the "Mark Forums Read" button.
Hi Van
Speed is better - thank you
Like everyone else I find the site easy to navigate and read so have no ideas for improvement
Thanks to you all for such a great site :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.