Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Off again this year but I understand the entertainment staff have all changed.

Anyone been this year yet? Whats on offer on the evenings now ?
Although 'follow my leader' and 'I am the music man' is not my musical taste is there still a mini disco :pele to keep my kids out of the way for a while.

33 sleeps to go! :D
Trying to decide to go to this hotel as will be our first time in Ibiza. The subject of children or no children seems to have brought out the worst in so many people!! We are in our late 40's with no children and we have always found that it's not children that are the problem it is usually the parents who seem to think their holiday means let the kids run amok and sod everyone else! We all know kids love the pool, mini disco etc and yes its great to see them enjoying themselves but Adults too like to have their time and do not want kids running all over the place, this does not make them old and miserable!!! There seems to be enough hotels to suit everyone without having to resort to offensive remarks on either side. It is bad enough in everyday life at home where discipline seems to be a rude word let alone when you are on holiday, live and let live by all means but consider others, there are some lovely families on holiday and their are some horrors as their are Adults so come on lets get back to enjoying these lovely resorts as they were intended to be. So should we stay at Don Carlos ?
Tony, I know I'm sticking my head out again but my advice is to go to a Hotel that doesnt offer an "All Inclusive option" you are unlikely to meet many of the people you are trying to stay away from. Wasnt I diplomatic there ? John.

P.S. If you really want the A1 option then choose a "Gold" type hotel that doesnt allow children...............
Tony, being a dad of 5 we have been to this hotel a few times and admit we are members of the "take them out of school brigade" (we would never afford a holiday otherwise!) It is in a superb location and I cannot fault anything about the hotel, rooms, staff and the food is wonderful. I cannot understand people still going to the hotel knowing it isnt for kids and then grumbling about it :hmmm
We went once slightly out of season and my children (who are extremely well behaved) were the only ones there apart from a couple of others and the more mature residents were wonderful with them getting them involved with what I would say was predominantly adult activites (french boules as an example). This issue became quite heated last summer and the hotel became a bit of a battleground between the adult repeat residents and those with families. It made for a horrible atmosphere and actually spoiled our holiday toward the end with some people becoming quite nasty towards others. We then started using the beach more and stayed out of the way. The poor entertainments team just could not win trying to keep everybody happy! I wouldnt be suprised if this was the reason for the move to adults only. Compared to our first visit the hotel was swamped with foul mouthed aggressive children in large groups that did take over the hotel. I would ignore the petty childish niggling that has obviously spilled onto the review sites (which is not helpful) and enjoy your first stay in Ibiza in the gorgeous resort of Santa Eulalia and in what is probably one of the best hotels I have stayed in.
HOWEVER...the issues over sun beds IS true and a sight to see in the morning! (Just laugh at them all running for the best spot!)
I do not think it deserves the T rating it gets but is a very good priced option compared to Thomson gold.
The other thing I will add is along with the last comment, it is a hotel that offers an all inclusive drinks option....Large clicky groups at the hotel drinking as much as they can from dawn until dusk, well you can imagine.
Enjoy your child free holiday, weve found a family fiesta hotel in the canarys this year but me and the wife are thinking of a break together (kid free) later in the year at the Don Carlos for some peace and quiet. You will have to give us an honest opinion about whats what when you get back and assist in laying the recent spate of unhelpful remarks to rest :wave
Thanks to everyone who replied, the comments were very helpful and much more balanced than the reviews!! We are still undecided and now Portland have returned the hotel to accepting children so depends on the families who go there, I did not realise it had an AI option, that is one thing that will definately put me off! We are looking at Minorca now The Almirante Faragut in Cala n Forcat or majorca at the hotel Temi (no reviews yet on the second one) I think due to the fact it is a German hotel, but it looks lovely and I am a big believer in not knocking a whole nation due to a few idiots us brits included!! Once again thanks to you all.
Desperately needed a holiday so just booked a week here going 1st Sept. Been to Es Cana before but not this resort of santa euallia or however you spell it! Hotel seemed to have excellent reviews. Managed to get half board, in a suite, flying daytime from Bristol for £450. Holidays seem so expensive at the moment and figured it best going half board rather than spend a fortune on food.

Any info on the area would be appreciated, I will be looking at hiring a car, how much is car hire thesedays on the island and is there a place near the hotel?

Cant wait now. Booked with thomson but oddly am flying with First Choice.
First Choice and Thomson (or TUI) are now one and the same thing.

I believe that First Choice Airways will cease to exist by this time next year and all the flights will be Thomsonfly.

John
Hi Gary. Aren't you going to Sa Coma this year? Are you trying Ibiza for a change? We were in Sa Coma middle of June and are going to San Antonio Bay in a couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see how Majorca and Ibiza compare :D .
to compare both island you don;t just take the resort as your views.you must really go inland as well.and take a bit of culture the islands have to offer,at least your not at home washing the pots ect.to get the best out of both you must really travel around.don;t just sit by the pool all day.get out and about.good thing about ibiza is,you;re only max 25 mins away from any where on the island by car.

don;t forget ibiza may be a little bit more pricey than Majorca.only because its open for only 6 months.but that might change soon with airlines flying out over the winter months soon.
Does anyone know the email adress for this hotel (Fiesta Don Carlos) I have filled in the form on the Fiesta hotels site and also mailed the adress on there "acliente@fiestahotelgroup.com" several times over the last 2 weeks and had no response from them at all.
Thanks for any help here.
Avda. de Bartolomé Rosselló, 18 - Apdo. 416
07800 IBIZA (Baleares) - España
Tel.: +34 971 31 38 11 - Fax: +34 971 31 29 64
E-mail: callcenter@fiestahotelgroup.com

try this ok.forgot the name of the lady in office now.i did have the email.but rematted pc and lost it.at least this place is open all year.

let us know how you get on

or try dcarlos@fiestahotelgroup.com
Can anyone tell me if the Don Carlos provides towels for the pool please?
the gold fiesta hotels do/like the one in cala longa.
My booking says I have a garden view - how nice a view is this?? I intend to email hotel to ask for a seaview if possible but wasn't willing to pay the ridiculous price that Thomsons wanted.

Anyone been recently?

Thanks
I have just returned from the 7th visit to the Don Carlos. As the sea views are so spectacular you have no chance of getting one if you haven't paid for one. Also, it is much cheaper to book a seaview through Thomson. The hotel charges 14.5 euros per day to upgrade! The garden views vary. It is best to ask for a high floor (4th if possible) But even so, this won't be guaranteed. You can always request a room change when you get there but this may take a couple of days. People I spoke to decided not to bother. The hotel has a large number of repeat guests who are very satisfied. It will be interesting to see how it is next year after a major refurbishment to adults only.
Perhaps you might update the reviews page when you have some time Librarianne, as we've not had any reviews for this hotel so far this year:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/santa-eulalia/fiesta-don-carlos-hotel/

Many thanks
David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.