Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Fiesta Hotel Tanit
232 Posts
ooops, apologies for double-posting!

Jo
hi there jo jo i wouldnt worry if i were you lots of very good reports for this hotel, im also off to this hotel 25 august and have 15 and 9 year old and really looking forward to it, i hope mine meet other kids and have a great time, just come back from the milord which is also a fiesta hotel and we were there half term week when there was a lot of kids but all on their best behaviour, second week quieted down. Dont worry it will be great!!!
thanks Jules, i hope so!! we all like having a laugh on holiday and my kids are certainly not quiet but cant stand rude horrible kids.

have a great holiday, Jo
Hi Jo - we just got back from the Tanit on Saturday and didn't notice any loutish behaviour at all. I have 2 boys aged 9 and 7 whom we hardly saw because they made so many really nice friends and had the time of their lives. Your kids will love it.

Please ask if there is anything else you wish to know.

Jill
thanks Jill! sounds like you all had a great time.

so it's about a 20 minute walk to San Antonio then? and are there bars/shops etc on the way? (i'm just thinking if we get bored eating at the hotel after a few days!) - mind you, we are only there for a week.

Thanks, Jo
hi all!

I was at the tanit for 2 weeks in may 2005, the last few days being in the school hols and my girls were then 8 and 11. I can't praise the place enough so don't be unduly worried. I'm gutted for ichmeler girl that the minority spoilt her trip and obviously don't want her to think I'm trying to brush over the problems she had - I'll just tell you it as I found it.

I will say that the last few days we had were different from the rest of the holiday due to the school hols starting - but generally it just meant it was busier, we didn't encounter any problems. As for sunbeds we didn't have a problem, we were always up early with the kids ( youngest thinks 7am is a lie-in ! ) and would walk around the grounds and the beach before breakfast and after breakfast my sunbed was reserved with my bum so to speak not my towel :lol: I have never "reserved" beds and we only ever used 2 for the 4 of us cos the kids never sat down! I hate it when there are beds reserved for loads of kids when they never use them!

My friends were here for two weeks recently - their last week was the whole school hol week, so I think this was possibly the same time as ichmeler girl. They said the second week was manic compared to the first but chose to make the most of the beach and the odd day trip during this time. They would have told me if they had encountered any probs because we've talked ( at length! ) about it as I recommended the place! I do know they had a fantastic time and are in the process of booking again and there's no better recommendation than a return traveller.

When we went we were told that the week prior a large group of apx 30+ ( families with kids not single lads ! )had invaded and caused havoc - even causing damage to their rooms so no doubt others would have been disturbed by them. These are the sort that behave in the same manner at home and it would be just bad luck to have your holiday at the same time as them - they have no respect for others at home or abroad!

The location is beautiful - request a high floor. There is a lovely little bar/restaurant just opposite where they can't do enough for you, another one on the beach and a nice little one if you walk round the rocks to the gorgeous cala gracionetta. I wouldn't have thought the food would bore you in a week though!

We are returning for the first 2 weeks in october this year so will have some more up-to-date info for you before you go - anything else just ask!

caroline
hi everyone. ichmeler girl sorry you had such a rotten bunch no how much you were looking forward to it .:( jules my oldest boy is 14, we are there same time as you, is your 15 year old a boy or girl?hope mine makes friends the little one will want to go to kids clubs but you no what these teens are likr :roll:
Boots my 15 year old is a boy he wouldnt want me to say that though , nearly a man as he would put it, yes im sure theyill make lots of friends and enjoy every minute, just come back from the fiesta milord had a great time little one made loads of friends and didnt want to come home, big one didnt make as many friends but enjoyed all the adult games such as rifle shooting and darts and im sure these games are on at the Tanit. We go 25th August when do you arrive?
Hi Caroline :D

thanks for the informative reply! it sounds like we will have a great time, unfortunately we are there in October half-term week so it will no doubt be busy, but end of season so maybe not too bad??!! I work in a school so had to go half-term. (especially after only starting my job in January and took 2 weeks out of term-time in May to go to Florida on a pre-booked holiday :oops: !!).

as you say it is just bad luck if you end up somewhere with 'families from hell'. I agree with you about the reserving of sunbeds for the 'whole family' - we have 2 kids and only ever want 2 sunbeds - when we were in Florida there was this (English!) family who 'reserved' 12 sunbeds for the 6 adults and 6 for the kids (2 of whom were in buggies!!).

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, roll on 23rd October!

Jo x

PS i'd be grateful if you could update when you get back in October!
jules,we arrive on the 23rd august,we were at the don toni last year, and the oldest loves water polo and all sports, but as we went in term time there werent a lot of kids his age.glad you had a good time at the millord,might look at that one for may half term next year.
Jo Jo it was my review that you have read and I think that as it was half term we were just unlucky, as I said in the review the can't fault the hotel at all other than the entertainment in the evening which was very amateurish, and well they were reserving the seats in there from 6oclock onwards and well itsd doesn;t start until 10.00 other than the hour before for mini disco, which my son being 9 wasn't interested in, also kids club for his age group 9-12 was only on for 3 days of the week we were there from 4 to 6.30 and the topics didn't interest him either he thought they would have lots of sports activities going on due to the description on the fiest website this was all run by the hotel, which he joined in with, if you need anymore info just ask only too pleased to help.

Just another point smoking is banned in Ibiza in a lot of public places
smoking around the pool but nowhere in the hotel at all other than your room at the Fiesta Tanit
ichmeler girl - thanks for the reply. hopefully we wont bump into the people you did while you were at the Tanit! (well, some of the people anyway!).

i'm looking forward to it more now - yes i was worried when i read some of your review, but so long as the hotel is clean, the food is edible and there is a nice swimming pool, we'll be alright!

Thanks again, Jo :wink:
Few things I forgot to mention which may be relevant to some, if you are going out for the day you can request a packed lunch which I hasten to add are enormous, from reception before 8pm the night before for the following day and you can pick it up at breakfast time from the restaurant grett if you are going to the beach or to the waterpark, another thing the water park if you go independantly from the Thomson rep you get longer in the park the park opens from 10.30 until 5.30pm whereas the coach back leaves at 3/4 ish and didn't get there until 11ish (by the time it picked up other people from other hotels), we used the car when we went, also you can by tickets from the reception at a reduced rate as the water pack is owned by Fiesta also, its only a euro off admission prices but well it all helps, also if there is a big queue you wont have to wait in that either. Another thing to add is that you can book at reception to eat in another Feista Hotel there as you are all inc. drinks at the other hotel are not included but we had a a pass to eat at the Don Toni (our choice) after the water park, just ask at reception 24hrs before you want to ask the lasdy behind the reception she is really nice.
Fantastic! Thanks for all that info.

Jo :D
Could anyone let me know if the evening entertainment at this hotel is inside, as have read review from someone just back and this seemed to be the case, didnt really want this as have three small children and its usually easier if things are outside.
i can't comment on this hotel in particular but if its the same as other fiesta hotels we've been in then in early and late season the entertainment is indoors but is outdoors at the height of the summer when the weather is normally more predictable
Thanks for the info
Hi - we just got back from the Tanit last week and yes, the entertainment is now inside apparently because of complaints from neighbouring properties. It was slightly disappointing, but didn't spoil our enjoyment too much.

Please ask if there is anything else you wish to know.

Jill
Thanks, please let me know what you thought of the hotel, the reports for last year all seemed very good, but have read a recent one and it was quite bad. Do they have a play area for the kids, our last hotel did and it was a godsend. Also could you let me know what you thought of kids clubs etc and also the resort , i was looking at this hotel as its close to San Antonio but not too close.

Any info would be a great help

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.