Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Fiesta Hotel Tanit
232 Posts
Does anybody know if the pool bar is still open in the evening?
Yes it is - not sure exactly what time it closes, but is certainly open until 11.00.
JillC
Thanks for the info, at least I can have a ciggie wiv me beer! lol
just read the lalest reviews for the tanit,we are going in 2 weeks time.reviews are saying about rowdy familys shouting and spoiling it for other guests :cry: not sure i,m looking forward to it now
Boots, I read that review earlier today and I'm worried too! We're not going until October half-term week, I'm wondering if maybe the rowdy lot wont be there then!! It doesnt sound good that the management of the hotel dont do anything about these idiots who are ruining other people's holidays.

I hope when you get there, there's only nice people in the hotel!

Jo Jo
thanks jo jo,dont understand why hotels not sorting these sort of guests out,its a shame that the entertainements inside now as well,if i had known that i would of booked another hotel,i dont want to be inside in the eve in august.sorry my rant for the day :roll: will let you no how it goes when i get back
boots
We did think long & hard before we posted our report, and felt very disloyal after so many good years at the Tanit, but we felt that we needed to be honest and prewarn people. To reiterate again it is not totally the fault of the hotel (apart from only taking mild action, rather than decisive action) it is just the minority of guests. It is a shame because as we said in the report everything else is superb & we would go as far as saying it is probably one of the best hotels we have stayed in.
We tried to post Boots a PM but they may not have received it so we thought that we would post a copy below as people may find it of some use.
Something else that comes to mind is that I wonder if it is worth e-mailing the Tanit asking if they have taken steps to eradicate the rowdiness problem, it may not have any legal standing but it may invoke some action if they get enough emails!

To: boots
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:58 pm
Subject: Re Tanit stay
Sorry if our report deterred you a bit but was just speaking as we found. But generally the hotel is very nice, the tranquility is spoilt by a few. You may be lucky as you are going slightly later. If you should incur any problems it might be worth mentioning to the reps (especially Brett) that you have spoken to previous guests that have experienced similar problems and you feel it is about time these problems were resolved. If nothing else it should get them motivated. Something that might be handy should you need it is if you dial 9 on the room phone it gets security on reception, who are normally quick to investigate & try to resolve the problem.
Another tip is ask for a 2nd entry card key so you can leave the air con & fridge on (if u have one) whilst out of the room.
We really hope that you do have an enjoyable & peaceful time.
Regards
Dave & Heather
thank you dave,for your honest count of your stay,its not just your stay though, another ht member went in may and had similar problems.i am wondering why this hotel has had a few of these guests this season?its not the cheapest or the most expensive,middle of the range i think?
BUT if we experience the same problems while we are there,i will asked to be moved if its not dealt with properley.its jut so unfair that familys from hell have put a dampner on what sounds like would of been a fab holiday
boots
im looking to go here next year looks very good ideal for teens which we need.
as for the rowdy people you will get a few like this as with ai some people take it too far
i certainly dont agree with it but i can turn a blind eye to some of it but if its keeping me awake or infecting the children i will have no hesitation in complaing to management :arrow: :x
Good idea Dave57, i will be emailing the hotel a few days before we arrive for our week in October.

Jo Jo
Just returned after a great holiday. Had been concerned re comments about 'yob culture' here as I prefer quiet holidays , but no need to worry.

Hotel was busy and noisy as completely full and there were some loud overexcited folks (mostly but not only kids!) and queues in the restauarant, but it was peak season after all

The staff work really hard and are pleasant with it, everywhere was kept very clean and food/drink excellent. Never been all inclusive before certainly will again. No unnecessary noise and I didnt see a single incident of bad behaviour.

The sunbed dash at the main pool was hilarious to watch. The beds are unchained at 8 am and people start to queue at 7.30! But we always managed to get beds at the second pool any time of day and it was much nicer.

Would recommend Tanit as an excellent family holiday
Bunty47, thanks for the info - you have certainly put my mind at rest! I just dont get the sunbed rushing thing - why do people want to queue at 730 in the morning while they are on holiday???!! :shock:

Would you recommend requesting a higher floor (for the views)? Or is it ok to be on a low floor do you think?

Many thanks, Jo Jo
thanks for update bunty47,2 more days till we go :fly starting to look forward to it now
Hi Jo Jo, yes I would ask for high floor for the view BUT there are only 3 smallish lifts so you might have to walk up alot of steps! Also think its worth paying supplement for sea view, otherside overlooks the car park
just back from the tanit,hotel was very busy and lively. lots of large groups of familys there but no real yobbish behaviour whilst we were there.saw some teens trying to buy booze at the local supermarket but they didnt get served!will post a full review next week
hi all

hope you enjoyed your holiday boots - looking forward to reading the review.
we're off to the tanit (2nd visit) on the 30th sept and can't wait!! 26 sleeps not that I'm counting :lol: I'm worse than the kids!
anyone else off around this time?

caroline
Hi please could anyone help me, i am looking at booking this hotel for next year but am worried from things that i have read that it may be in the middle of nowhere, i know its not far from San Antonio but is the walk okay ie not down a busy main road etc as we are taking kids, also is ther anything in San Antonio for kids like trampolines etc or is it really just an adult resort. PLEASE help me as i just dont know whether to book or not.

Thank You

Sharon
hi been back a few days from the tanit,we took a taxi into san antonio,6euros each way.we also took the water taxi boat over in the day 5 euros return per person.you can walk there no busy main roads, bout 15 min to nearest shops that lead you into san antonio then another 10 mins past shops and bars into the main part.at night there was a small funfair all lit up some pretty water fountains,one of them changed colours and height to music(kids were amused) didnt see any trampolines,plenty of shops and stalls along the marina selling trinkets.we liked it, got our taxi back bout midnight from taxi rank and the clubbers were starting to come out then.it was better then i expected
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.