France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
What are you looking for from skiing and why have you chosen France?

Are you going for downhill skiing, boarding, cross country, dog sleding, ice skating?

Are you going in the french school holidays?

how long are you going for, with what group etc and how much do you want to spend.

I think given the euro crisis I might look at sweden this year
France has some fabulous ski-ing but it can also be very expensive. I haven't been in recent years but I've skiied a few of the French resorts in the past. The man made ski resorts such as Alp d'huez aren't the most attractive but the ski-ing for beginners is excellent. I've ski-ied Courcheval a few times again excellent for beginners but can be crowded though Courcheval 1650 seems to be quieter or you can go to one of the AList resorts such as Val d'Isere great ski-ing and snowboarding.

I can't be much help where packages are concerned as I always booked hotels/B&B's individually, are Ingrams still around ? I seem to remember meeting people on the slopes who had booked with this company, it did have a good reputation, but this is some years ago.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.