Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
hi fizz.

my family and friends family (4ads/4kids) have booked to go to viva menorca in mid may. i will post as soon as i get back how it was so you can look forward to it even more.

we cant wait either
that will be great thankyou :) not long to go for you is it? have a lovely time.

fizz xx
nope. its 6 weeks 2moro.
or only 2 full weeks of work due to easter.
i stayed at the paradise club in cala n bosch june 2004.
i would recommend these apts too.
the resort is excellent, everything can be done at your pace.
dont go by anybodys moaning of the resort or apts.
always remember that some people will never be happy.
your holiday is always what YOU make it.
spk 2 u soon.
pmc.
Viva Menorca is a great hotel. We stayed in May last year. The food in the hotel is as good as any restaurant in the resort. :D
good to know.

did u use the indoor pool etc?
how was ure weather in may?
is the stroll into the marina from viva:-
a)far?
b)trouble free? ive seen mention of the pavements.
c) well lit for walking back at night?
plmccrae

Please do not post in text language

Biff HT Mod
We went on 12 May and the weather was nice and sunny apart from the second day. It was warm and sunny the rest of the time.

The walk to the marina is about 10 minutes. It was a bumpy for our little one in the buggy but when we were there they were repairing the pavements so I cant see it been a problem. Its not the best lit road/pavement in the world but its busy with people most of the time walking too and from the marina.

We used the indoor pool twice and it was good to have a quiet area for the little one as the kids area was quite busy.

Hope you have a nice stay :D
just a wee update for you fizz.
ive had to cancel our holiday this friday :( cos the wee one got chickenpox last wednesday and it wont have cleared enough by friday...boo hoo.

but we have rescheduled for the 22nd, :D i booked with the viva direct on their website and booked my flights with thompsons. its the first time ive not been involved with a package operator for the whole thing. :?: it was just to let you know my appraisal of the apartment complex will be delayed a couple of weeks but it will still be with you before you go.
ahh thanks for that, sorry about the little one getting the dreaded chicken pox, just realized you will be there now :oops: sorry not been on for a while, hope you have a fab time and will catch up when you return.

fizz xx
Hi

New to this forum. We have been to Menorca several times and are travelling there again soon .
Have read on a number of posts about the Goody Goody Park but don't know where it is. We have a three year old daughter. Is it suitable for her?

Cheers for your help
hi sharpey

goody goody park is just by the entrance to the marina, from the main road into the resort. My kids were 3 and 4 last time and loved it. you may have to supervise a little, but i`m sure your child will enjoy it!! going monday cant wait!!!
Could anyone tell me if they had problems with the air conditioning... I read a review saying it was bad...we are going in August...the hottest time....any ideas?
On 27th January 2006 at 05:08pm, grandad said:
Driving is easy and its the best way to get the best out of the island - HOWEVER, note that not all roads are accessible to remote beaches, you are quite likely to drive down a narrow road only to be met by a locked gate!
Also you cannot just drive around the edge of the island, so to speak, think of it a bit like the spokes of a wheel - without the rim. A bit of research with a good map will save a lot of disappointment and frustration.
Be sure to visit the interesting town of Cuitadella on the west of the island and get a meal at one of the harbourside restaurants in Fornells on the northeast.
Good advice, thanks Grandad
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.