Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Well now...

There are many many trips to the "real" Goa. If you PM me I will give you the phone number of a good friend of mine (Local man) who will be able to organse this for you, including washing elephants etc etc.

Kids will love toys and jewellery but clothes are also good (see Children Walking Tall web site).

I think everywhere that is within walking distance of the beach will have seafood and you get to look before you decide if you want to eat it (remember to sort out how much before you decide too or you might get an realtively expensive bill).

If you are at all concerned then simply order whatever you want in the morning at your favorite shack/ restaurant and they will buy it fresh at the market that day for you.
bellatrix
I'm glad you are no longer a lurker! I hope you enjoy taking part on our forum. We have trip recommendations here
we got back less than two weeks ago and it was also our first time...absolutely loved it there!

We went on a few trips with John's Boat Tours which were very good. A dolphin trip is a good way to spend half a day and the waterfalls were a good full day trip although it was a 2 hour journey each way.

I'd recommend just jumping in a taxi and going wherever you feel like - the taxis are cheap and the driver will wait for you. We went to the spice plantation in a taxi and it was less that £9 return and he waited for 4 hours!

Anyway, hope this has helped a bit - apparently it will be v hot in March so you might like to just chill at the beach!! Take some good books!

Maryann
Hi Bellatrix

We went for the first time last March and it was really lovely and very hot you will love it. We also went AI, you get the best of both worlds not having to worry about money for any drinks and food all day if you are around the hotel and if you are out and about the food is gorgeous and wont break the bank. We are also going again this March flying on the 16th from Gatwick.

Have a great time

Sue
Susan H,
now that you have been and seen. Are you going all inclusive again?
Everyone to their own choice but I cannot see the benefits of AI in Goa.
del949
Hi Del

Yes AI again absolutely loved the Heritage. The food was good, the people absolutely lovely and the room was good. We ate out as well at some lovely restaurants and will do again this year. Mind you we are getting a bit adventurous we might consider Coconut Grove next year which I believe is bed and breakfast. We had never been or considered AI until we went to Grenada in 2004. It was lovely to be able to eat and drink without having to worry about having the cash on you, but still as you say each to their own I know its not everyones cup of tea but we enjoy it.

How are you anyway sorry if you have already posted this but have you been yet or are you going soon

Sue
still to go. 4 weeks today.....not that I am counting :lol:
we come home as you go :cry:
del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.