Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Wouldn't his work refund his additional expenses?
Quite possibly but I think BA should at least pay for the overnight accomodation. He needs to contact BA first of all.There is a post somewhere about what happens in cases of delay or cancellation. I'll try and find it.
The EU regulation that BA are pretending doesn't exist is explained here

As far as I can see he is entitled to the cost of the hotel and meals (which BA should have sorted out for him in the first place) and €250 compensation.

This MEP is interested in airlines which refuse to comply with the directive or don't even let on that it exists when they mess you about, use the "contact" link to tell him the story.
Thanks everyone

He's already contacted BA, just waiting to hear back from them.

Steve 8482 - That link for the MEP doesn't work. Do you have another one?
Thats funny, because it doesnt work for me either.

Can you check please Steve.

Ta

Kath x
still not working :que it says "Domain name not recognised"
Same for me again :think - must be intermittent fault.

Kath x
its intermitent...keep trying it worked for me but not on every attempt

As far as I can see he is entitled to the cost of the hotel and meals (which BA should have sorted out for him in the first place) and €250 compensation.

Yes to the hotel etc, but the compensation depends on the reason for cancellation

Air carriers should compensate passengers ....., except when the cancellation occurs in extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Both the link I posted to Brian Simpson and the version from The Fisherman work Ok for me. Very odd! Any techies out there know what the error message means? Is it something to do with individual Internet Providers servers not finding him rather than the site being faulty??
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for BA to respond to a complaint. I have now sent 3 complaint letters to them (all recorded delivery and 2 addressed to W Walsh CEO, with the first letter being sent 8 weeks ago now) I have had one reply from Customer Services which tells me to....................phone Customer Services!!
The site might not be responding to some people due to the server intermittently timing out. It just means luck of the draw, if you happened to click on the link while the site was timing out you may get this error.

All seems to be up and running now, thay may even of been updaing their servers or the hosting company for the site was fiddling with the account :yikes

hope this explains a bit!! :tup
Hiya, this has also happened to us. Our BA (GB) flights have been cancelled to Ibiza, luckily though we have been re-booked onto easyjet for no extra cost even though the flight at the time was an extra £90 with easyjet. They did email me a few weeks back and gave me an alternative flight, however after checking the web the flight they tried to give me didnt exist. I phoned BA and they said that it was "odd" and to ignore email, which I did. Then they offered us this easyjet flight which we took. Figured out in the end.
He received a reply from BA yesterday offering €70 to cover the cost of his hotel. He's going to write back and is going to quote the Regulation (EC) 261/2004.

Will let you know what the outcome is.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.