Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks, you're a star, I'm looking forward to it a bit more now.

Nowhere else on the internet can you get a question answered as quickly than here. :clap
Flybe expands fleet

Flybe has announced an order for up to 140 Embraer E Series aircraft to aid its expansion into Europe.

The deal comprises 35 firm orders of 88-seat Embraer 175 aircraft to the value of US $1.3 billion with options for 65 more and purchase rights for a further 40, making a potential total order worth $5 billion.

The first aircraft is due to be delivered in September 2011 and the final of the firm orders by March 2017.

Flybe Chairman and Chief Executive Jim French CBE, said: "The 175 will allow us to preserve our two fleet strategy and the economic and environmental performance of the aircraft is in line with Flybe's policy of only buying A and B rated eco-label aircraft as part of its commitment to invest in lower emission new technology aircraft.

"The 175 will give Flybe significant added capacity and is particularly suited to the sector lengths prevalent in Europe that we are most interested in exploiting."

He also challenged regional airline manufacturers to develop a new form of jet to be available by 2017. "We want manufacturers to combine the economic and environmental performance of the turboprop with the positive benefits of jet performance. Such a combination will provide the right technological platform from 2020 onwards."

Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline and the UK's largest domestic airline
with 203 routes serving 13 countries from a total of 70 departure points.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi we are flying Southampton to Inverness Saturday 24th July return 31st July Flight BE395/BE394. Can anyone advise what type of plane this will be.
Thank you. :)
just booked our ski holl for nxt jan flying man to szg just been on flybe website to see if gave any info regards to the flight i,e what aircraft and legroom etc but it shows they fly from Exeter and Southampton to szg . just wondering if u had any information please
buster27,

Is it a charter you're on? Via a tour operator? Have you got a flight number? I would imagine it'll be on one of the E190's. Seat pitch is 30".

Darren
yes booked with direckski it doesnt give a flight number just says on flight details flybe tba 29th jan dep 13:45. is ther any links with photos of the aircraft please ?
buster27 wrote:
is ther any links with photos of the aircraft please ?

Flybe Embraer 170/190.

Darren
Tabby wrote:
Hi we are flying Southampton to Inverness Saturday 24th July return 31st July Flight BE395/BE394. Can anyone advise what type of plane this will be.
Thank you. :)

Make sure you weigh your hold and hand luggage very carefully before checking in at SOU for FlyBe. They are VERY strict and will charge you if you are an ounce over.

luci :wave
Thanks for the tip Luci - we have some luggage scales so will weigh everything carefully :tup
Does anyone know when Flybe will be releasing seats for Easter next year ?
So often we only hear about what an airline has got wrong and not what they get right so thought I'd just post a quick note here to compliment FlyBe. My nieces have just made their first return trip up here using FlyBe's Birmingham/Dundee service and thought that it was great. The service is actually operated by Loganair using small 36 seater turboprops and everything went like clockwork. Their outbound flight left early and landed early after a shorter journey time than scheduled in the timetable - so much so that in fact they were in the terminal before I arrived to pick them up. Likewise, their return flight left early as soon as all passengers had checked-in and boarded and on the basis of my experience the week before, I had to text their Mum to let her know that she should expect them to land nearer to 5.30pm than the 6pm I'd led her to expect when I booked.

At 16 and 21 and flying for the first time without Mum or Dad and on the smallest plane they'd ever been on, they regarded it as a great adventure - even more so when they realised how small an airport Dundee actually is. Apparently even Coventry airport dwarfs it! This time the fares wheren't cheap - mainly because for reasons outside of our control we had to book the flights at very short notice but in the future when we can make plans in advance and get the best prices, we should be able to get them backwards and forwards for around the same as the train takes and in and around a 3rd of the time from door to door. So well done FlyBe for a really efficient service. And well done Dundee 'International' - the only airport I've come across where passengers are called individually by name to go through security!

SM
Nice post and it is also nice to see for a change compliments for operators....I should just emphasis although you did mention it in the post it is Loganair that provides the service that was enjoyed on behalf of flybe (not flybe crew) and Loganair has a good reputation for the service they provide and continue to be a profit making organisation in their own right.....so maybe we should be saying well done Loganair.....

Nivsy
We got a credit card deal where you get two free flights on FlyBe to be used within 12 months. Have looked on their website and tried to get quotes for next September. But all flights come up with "can only be booked until 9th September 2011". Does that mean they stop all their flights in mid-September? I've tried a variety of UK airports and a variety of European destinations, none is available after 9th or 10th September 2011.
eviljock,

It just means flights after that date haven't been released for sale as yet. They'll be released in the near future.

Darren
Hi Darren.

Many thanks for the swift answer. I'll check back on Flybe in a few weeks and see what's available then.

Cheers,

Jock.
asked a while back regards to my package holiday departing man to salzburg on 15th jan no flight number as yet just says flybe tba dep13:45 can u confirm now if its a E190's aircraft and will it be a non stop flight ? thanks
buster27,

What are your flight numbers? We can't check without them. As it's a charter, it's a non-stop flight.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.